Bengals uni's: why the hate

floydnimrod

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen it on TV and i've seen it in these boards, too. Why does everyone hate the Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys?

They look like the outfit my hooker wore last night.

The ones they had from 1981-2003 were great. They were classic (shoulder stripes, even pant stripes), but with the tiger stripes, it added that extra pop.

These current ones are just way too over the top.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

These current ones are just way too over the top.

Over the top or Ahead of the times? I like them just because they're tring to mix what an actual tiger looks like (the white bar= white under belly of tiger) and tring to update with current times. Although out side the box, it's still an effort to catch people's eye. And I know that tradionalists will pick this topic apart, but the sports world will never be the same forever, get use to it.

agree to agree

shouldn't this be in sports logos?

i think most people hate them because they already had pretty "out there" uniforms before the change... they had freakin' tiger stripes all over their uniforms, and we loved them for it.

then they scrapped those for the new monstrosities... they took all the things that were awesome about bengals uniforms, and made us hate them.

plus, i can't stand jerseys that have that weird shape, that forces colored nameplates on the white uniform... (like the cards and bengals...)

They are just way too busy with panels here and there. Plus, the jerseys don't line up well with the pants, which makes the whole thing look that much busier. Yea, that is the future? <_< People probably said that about UK's wacky basketball uni's of the Pitino era, and then they went back to a more conservative look. Look at how much "flash" the NY Giants added to their road unis this year. Plus, consider how colorful baseball uniforms were in the 1970s and 1980s compared to now. We are probably mid-period for a bad football uniform cycle. Eventually teams and colleges will turn away from the crap nike is pumping out right now and turn down the volume. Let's face it, some of those teams are starting to look like clowns out there. IMO.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Let's face it, some of those teams are starting to look like clowns out there.  IMO.

They have Chad Johnson, so it's appropriate

So, what's the bigger hot button issue on this board--Bengals jerseys, or Milwaukee Brewers logos?

Brewers, by far. IT HAS NO EXPLICIT CONNECTION TO BEERMAKING! BEERMAKING BEERMAKING BEERMAKING BEERMAKING BEERMAKING!!!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is there another instant flamewar that I should know about?

It's a hot topic, but I wouldn't exactly called it a flamewar.

The Bengals uni is bad design, period. I'm quite honestly not sure how another viewpoint has developed.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I probably don't hate them as much as most people do, but what I cannot stand is how the white bleeds into striping on the pants. I think you all know what i'm talking about. It just looks poor.

6uXNWAo.png

I probably don't hate them as much as most people do, but what I cannot stand is how the white bleeds into striping on the pants. I think you all know what i'm talking about. It just looks poor.

If they fixed that, in my opinion, they'd only be 'awful' because they replaced what were the best uniforms in the NFL. They'd still be bad, but they wouldn't be nearly as bad.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm with you. Clean up the side stipe, modify the number font (should be more block-ish, but not block) and replace the "B" with a wordmark and they would be alright.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From what I read everyone hates the white panel down the side, and with the pants it looks terrible. But what they tried to do is look like a tiger, and tigers underbelly goes from white and merges with the orange and stripes. Look at the picture, you'll see.

bengals.png

On the tiger, it looks good. On a football uniform... :puke:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree with the poster who noted that their PREVIOUS uniform was pretty near perfect, as NFL kits go. This one is a mish-mash of everything currently WRONG with NFL jersey design.

All these redesigns really make me appreciate the simplicity of the Redskins uniforms.

From what I read everyone hates the white panel down the side, and with the pants it looks terrible. But what they tried to do is look like a tiger, and tigers underbelly goes from white and merges with the orange and stripes. Look at the picture, you'll see.

bengals.png

Just because it's on an animal doesn't mean it should be on the uniform.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

From what I read everyone hates the white panel down the side, and with the pants it looks terrible.  But what they tried to do is look like a tiger, and tigers underbelly goes from white and merges with the orange and stripes.  Look at the picture, you'll see.

bengals.png

Just imagine if the Jaguars went with spotted helmets.

6uXNWAo.png

From what I read everyone hates the white panel down the side, and with the pants it looks terrible.  But what they tried to do is look like a tiger, and tigers underbelly goes from white and merges with the orange and stripes.  Look at the picture, you'll see.

bengals.png

Just imagine if the Jaguars went with spotted helmets.

Or spotted jerseys.

Decent idea to look like bengal, terrible execution.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived