Seattle Metropolitans Concept

troy_3223

This is my first concept, and is pretty much just a test to see if I have the hang of this photobucket thing.

seattleun.jpg

The Seattle Metropolitans were actually the first US team to win the Stanley Cup, and played the Montreal Canadiens to a tie in the Cup Finals in 1918 before the flu cancelled game 7. Their colors were green and red. I based the logo off of the london underground signs which was the first thing that popped into my head when thinking of "metropolitan" logos.

comments and criticisms welcome.

Jeff

---------------------------------------------------------------

this space left intentionally blank

nhl94vansigpng.png

I kinda like it. The thing is, it looks like you took the Sonics "S" and covered over it with the Metros name.

Sonics.jpg

I also might put the old "S" the Metros actually had as a shoulder patch. Just a thought.

It just goes to show how out of the loop I am with the NBA that I was worried it might look a tad much like the T-Birds logo with the interlocking hockey sticks.

Well, I saw that right away but it's almost impossible to make a rectangle without doing that so it really wasn't that big a deal.

I kinda like it. The thing is, it looks like you took the Sonics "S" and covered over it with the Metros name.

Sonics.jpg

I also might put the old "S" the Metros actually had as a shoulder patch. Just a thought.

first thing i noticed. and it doesn't work well b/c it just looks like a circle, not an s, maybe make it less attached to METROS and youre good.

The Seattle Metropolitans were actually the first US team to win the Stanley Cup, and played the Montreal Canadiens to a tie in the Cup Finals in 1918 before the flu cancelled game 7. Their colors were green and red. I based the logo off of the london underground signs which was the first thing that popped into my head when thinking of "metropolitan" logos.

comments and criticisms welcome.

Jeff

this space left intentionally blank

Actually, it was 1919 that they played to a draw due to the Spanish Influenza.

And if my memory serves me right, they won their first and only Stanley Cup in 1915 as a member of the Pacific Coast Hockey League.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

first thing i noticed. and it doesn't work well b/c it just looks like a circle, not an s, maybe make it less attached to METROS and youre good.

Actually, this is what I was going for. I was basing the logo off of the London Underground signs, which look like a circle with red and blue instead of red and green.

nhl94vansigpng.png

And if my memory serves me right, they won their first and only Stanley Cup in 1915 as a member of the Pacific Coast Hockey League.

Your memory serves you wrong, my friend. Sorry.

metsteam.jpg

I'm not feeling this alt as much as I am the others. The "seattle" going through the S is kinda hard to pick out.

It worked for the Stanley Cup champs. :P

They did use that style of logo--you can kind of see the top of the "S" in the team picture.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

How about using the Space Needle in the logo, or does the WNBA's Seattle Storm already use that?

My first attempt at doing an alternate had a silhouette of the Smith Tower up the sleeves with the top of the building at the shoulders with the , and a skyline outlined in off-white with the space needle, but needlessly homesick architechtural references aside, it looked either busy or amateurish, or a lot like the old Denver Nuggets uniforms. So I removed it. (Plus the outline of the Seattle skyline always got the theme song from "Frasier" stuck in my head, and no one needs that)

nhl94vansigpng.png

How about using the Space Needle in the logo, or does the WNBA's Seattle Storm already use that?

My first attempt at doing an alternate had a silhouette of the Smith Tower up the sleeves with the top of the building at the shoulders with the , and a skyline outlined in off-white with the space needle, but needlessly homesick architechtural references aside, it looked either busy or amateurish, or a lot like the old Denver Nuggets uniforms. So I removed it. (Plus the outline of the Seattle skyline always got the theme song from "Frasier" stuck in my head, and no one needs that)

Actually, the Smith Tower looks an awful lot like the Parliament building in Ottawa. Replace the maple leaf with a pinecone or evergreen needle and all of a sudden the Ottawa shoulder patch becomes the new Seattle logo. ^_^

Archived