20 years ago...

GUINNESS

After the accident, he was taken to one of the local South Jersey hospitals, where he stayed until taken off of life support. To deal with the media crush, the hospital had a temporary trailer brought in for any media sessions. The "temporary" trailer was removed 3 years ago.

Wonder if and when the Flyers are going to formally retire #31. It hasn't been worn in 20 years, and if his premature death didn't merit the ceremony, his career would've earned it in the end.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

He got himself killed while driving drunk. It's one thing to die horribly in an accident (see Daniel Snyder). It's another thing to cause the accident due to recklessness and impaired ability.

Why should be be honored? For cutting short his own career?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Its sad we lost someone who could have been a great goaltender, but it was out of his own stupidity, so he should not be praised because of it. He could have rivaled Roy for all we know, or he could have flopped just as fast as he rose, all we know is we will never know what or who he could have been if he hadn't been stupid and drove drunk.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

He got himself killed while driving drunk. It's one thing to die horribly in an accident (see Daniel Snyder). It's another thing to cause the accident due to recklessness and impaired ability.

Why should be be honored? For cutting short his own career?

Good point! My friend died because somebody who was drunk hit him and his dog on the sidewalk... To me, Lindbergh is no different that the other jerk who killed my friend, the fact that he wore pads or an NHL jerseys doesn't change anything to me...

Sorry guys, you won't get my vote on this one.... Too personnal maybe!

By th way, I will fell the same if Ottawa retires Heatley's number one day!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Unfortunately, I agree that you can't honor player who essentially killed himself. They could do a special "in memory of" banner, that could incorporate the 31. That way, when some kid points up and asks his dad "who was that?", the dad can say "that was Pelle Linbergh. Would have been the best ever, but drank and dove." That way it can be used as a teaching tool or at least a reminder not to drive drunk.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I gotta say...I'm a Heatley fan, but I HATE the Sens. I know he did something stupid and got Dan Snyder killed, but I still think the way he treated the situation after is pretty amazing. He knows he did something completely horrible, but he got forgivness from Snyder's family, so he can get mine too. Hes a great player and seems like an even better guy, so I can't hate him for that. Its not like he got drunk and got in the car, he just sped and lost control, it could happen to anyone going at fast speeds....and for people on here who drive, you cant honestly say you dont push the pedal to the medal on wide open deserted roads sometimes...so you cant blame a guy for wanting to test the speed of his fast car on a deserted road. Lindburgh was an idiot, but paid a little too much for it. I honestly dont think he would have been a Roy had his career continued, more likely he would have just become a steady goalie, but not a superstar, greatest goalie ever people peg him to be. You will never know because he ruined his chances to prove me wrong.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived