St. Louis Clydesdales

AHcreative

While there is a lot of potential here, I think starting again from the beginning might help matters. Think about a Clydesdale and it's most distinguishing features. For me, I think of the wide, hairy hooves and bulk of the horse (in fact I might pull out the sketchbook and try a version myself).

Since that is what I think makes a Clydesdale a Clydesdale rather than a generic horse, seeing a logo with just the head doesn't work for me. With only the head it has nothing specifically Clydesale-like about it. I liked it that you went back and added a body to the original head logo, but I think it would be immeasuably helpful to srat from the beginning; to start with abody rather than tacking one on to an already-drawn head (because right now the head is at least twice the size it should be . It's large size negates the sense of bulk and weight a Clydesdale's body needs to have).

I don;t mean to souce harsh and overly critical- it is commendable to take on an original and potentially-difficult theme. What you have now is good. A reworking could make it great.

It's improving-I would agree with the helpful tips others have provided above.

The bulk is an important part of making this a clydesdale and not the St Louis Horses.

Try the suggestions.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The logos are alright. As Vitamin D said, the neck extends too far down the back. It looks like he has sculyosis(sp?). The uniforms have some potential. I'd try to make the numbers on the white jersey red...the gold may be hard to pick up. Good start, still needs some tweaking.

Uniforms are OK. Quick suggestions:

1. White numbers on the dark jerseys. The Raiders get away with gray/silver numbers because they are the Silver & Black, and white numbers would look out of place. And silver stands out well against black. But gray/silver doesn't stand out well against the dark red. Check out old footage of the Falcons (early '80s) with their gray numbers on red jerseys. It looks like the jerseys went through the wash too much and the colors got dreary. White numbers would look cleaner and sharper.

2. The gray stripe on the pants between the dark red/maroon stripes also looks grimy. Sorta like the Patriots' silver alts, which everyone calls "dirty whites". Don't know where you could go with this... white or gold, I guess.

Otherwise, it's coming along nicely.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think everything is awesome, only being able to work with ms paint myself, I know how constricting it can be, but this package is very good. I think the jerseys need a little something else though, and you should put some kind of stripe on the helmet. :hockeysmiley:

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

See that's looking better--and I'll bet you improved at drawing horse bodies.

It could still use a tweak or two to clean it up--but it is improved...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived