Australian Soccer

Alphabet Man

First desing in a while and sicne the World Cup playoff is tonight (4 1/2 hrs from now roughly) i decided to do Australian Soccer designs

Concept 1: Home- Gold, Away- Green, Alternate- White

aus-football-1.gif

Concept 2: Home- Gold, Away- Green, Alternate- White

aus-football-2.gif

So fellas, C&C on how I can improve these......

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I gotta go with the traditional look and say kit #2.

Is that going to be on the radio at all? I'll be up at 5:15am my time (the game starts at 4am).

ummm, ABC.net.au has the game, i do not know if it hs live streaming on the net, but also try 2GB on google or SEN.com.au

thnsk for the comment btw

Also I'd prefer the Coat of Arms on the front of the shorts, not the back.

Almost disrespectful.

Umm... there isn't a coat of arms on the shorts!

And before you say "yeah yeah I meant the southern cross" I think AM meant both southern crosses (shorts and sleeves alike) to be on the side rather than distinctly front or back.

(and if you're not going to say that, then put the bottle down and back away from the keyboard :))

Also I'd prefer the Coat of Arms on the front of the shorts, not the back.

Almost disrespectful.

Umm... there isn't a coat of arms on the shorts!

And before you say "yeah yeah I meant the southern cross" I think AM meant both southern crosses (shorts and sleeves alike) to be on the side rather than distinctly front or back.

(and if you're not going to say that, then put the bottle down and back away from the keyboard :))

Did I mention WE'RE IN THE WORLD CUP??!!

and yeah yeah, I meant the Southern Cross, and if it's supposed to be on the side, why isn't it on the front view?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Did I mention WE'RE IN THE WORLD CUP??!!

and yeah yeah, I meant the Southern Cross, and if it's supposed to be on the side, why isn't it on the front view?

You don't hear that every day, I'm not a soccer fan but it is good to hear that we are achieving at world class for yet another sport.

Regarding your designs, I would go for the top set but would probably change the socks as follows:

Home - Mainly Green with Yellow

Away - Mainly Yellow with Green

Alternate - Mainly White with Yellow and Green

Nice work regardless.

sig.png

It's missing the text that says

WORLD CUP 2006

GERMANY

well umm...i didn't want to look like Recoba, and look like an idiot

but then id have to change it for every game though!

WOOHOO how cool is this! pitty no one in Australia knows what Soccer is! who cares we are in it to WIN! i'd just wish Harry Kewell gets a haircut

btw, thanks for the critique fellas

I prefer the 2nd set. More traditional is nice, although you could also use a font like Century, that IIRC Australia used in their Olympic track & field uniforms.

One question: why are the #9s on the front and the back of kit #2 from different fonts?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Nice concepts - i personally prefer the conservative designs with intricate trimmings. As such, your second concept seems the way to go - u just gotta put a bit more detail in it to show the trimmings and highlights.

If u compare soccer jerseys now to those of 1998, and even 2002, they're all now going for a 'modern' look that emphasizes the iconic nature of that kit to each country, meaning nice clean, minimal trimmings and no extravagant patterns (e.g. Socceroos of '97).

As for a Socceroos home kit, i will never mess with the iconic yellow shirt and green shorts. I'd then throw in a few (not too much) highlights and trimmings that hark back to the sponsor (e.g. three lines of adidas or swooshes of nike).

The same principles would apply to the away kit - although u might wanna throw in a splash of royal blue as a link to our flag and heritage.

Hope this helps and keep up the good work!

One question: why are the #9s on the front and the back of kit #2 from different fonts?

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh fluff i fluffed it up lol

thanks for the critique though

i was thinking maybe we should bring back the spew jersey....nah not relaly that was horrible, te more i look at te 97 jersey, it looks a bit liek the Coke logo imo

The gold shirt is here to stay.....nah i dont like the idea of blue, maybe navy if i had to but then its not too Australian imo

Archived