Saintsfan challenge 3

Saintsfan

Wow I am honoured by the standard of work being produced for this challenge, I may even put up a vote at some point, although that was never my intention! I'll see how I feel sometime!

The badge on the front of JGKs jersey is similar to the badge worn by the Met Police in London!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wow I am honoured by the standard of work being produced for this challenge, I may even put up a vote at some point, although that was never my intention! I'll see how I feel sometime!

The badge on the front of JGKs jersey is similar to the badge worn by the Met Police in London!!!

Keen eye.... it's an altered Met Police badge... but that badge style has been used as Military medals and Police badges around the world since the 18th century, so i figured it kinda fit with the Blue Jackets theme... (NYC detectives use that style badge too...)

Best one yet is Avengers jersey and logo. Truly remarkable... i'd buy one of his jerseys...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Keen eye.... it's an altered Met Police badge... but that badge style has been used as Military medals and Police badges around the world since the 18th century, so i figured it kinda fit with the Blue Jackets theme... (NYC detectives use that style badge too...)

Best one yet is Avengers jersey and logo. Truly remarkable... i'd buy one of his jerseys...

Thanks, man.

i was lazy and went the simple diagonal letters route.  I was thinking about having the stripes be the main 5 and leaving off the big ends and just have them be the same color as the rest of the jersey, but it didn't look right.  I've had these done for a while, just been busy.  The wishbone C I include is another route for the main logo if you wanted.

Home

Road

i like Rozilla's.. but.. i dunno.. the whole thing doesn't strike me as retro.. either of them.. i dunno.. maybe it's just me...

They are fantasticly done though..... kudos...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think as there has been such a good response to this challenge, I will be posting up a poll for it in the next day or so, anyone else wanna join that party better hurry up and get a design posted, as I will be putting up the poll as and when I have the time!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

ok, I have it up...it's at

http://www.jimdesign.com/cbj.html

My first attempt at uniform creation, the lines might be a little off.

I combined elements of the Bruins, Penguins and Rangers from 66-67 era. The red and blue are a little darker than I would have liked, but when I imported the logo that's how dark it was.

I based the numbers on Chicago's uniforms. They would definitely be blocky, not rounded like the Copperplate font version used now.

They can still have the cartoon bug they have now...Pittsburgh's skating penguin is from the same time.

I like the heavy coloring on the shoulders like the Bruins, but it has to be different enough to not be confused with the Rangers. So even though they are the Blue Jackets, the shirts would have to be blue, not red, but there is more white, and the numbers are not 3-dimensional.

Jim

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I hadn't expected to post a poll for this challenge but as the standard has been so high, I figured why not!!

You can continue to post Blue Jackets retro here obviously, but you have missd out on the poll. A new saintsfan challenge will be posted sometime soon, and will be along the same TBTC lines!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived