Movie/TV Unis

BJ Sands

The original Mighty Ducks logo on their jerseys looks like something of a premonition of theirĀ  :cursing: alternates.

I liked the unis of the team that played Permian in the state title game in Friday Night Lights. Although if the unis used by the opponents in the movie were the same in 1988 in real life then this wouldn't work for this topic.

The Permian and Dallas Carter jereseys were the original colors and look of the original game played in 1987. That is when the two teams actually played. Although the game was never played as the state title game. It was a quarter-final matchup and Permian got hammered. They do have to change things up for the movies ya know. Since we are on this subject they also had Amarillo High School... which I almost attended as powder blue and yellow. Which is wrong. Their school colors are Gold & Black. So they key character schools which they had to pay for their likeness were accurate. The not so character schools were altered versions to cause them not to have to pay their respected school districts.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watch a lot of sports movies, and I've been compiling a list in my head of the best uniforms I've seen on screen. Enjoy, or not.

Hockey: District 5 Mighty Ducks (The original green one)

Baseball: New York Knights (Duh)

Football: North Dallas Bulls (Just like the 'Boys from the 70's)

Basketball: Western Dolphins (Like UCLA)

Hockey: Team USA (Olympics) "Miracle"

Baseball: Chunichi Dragons "Mr. Baseball"

Football: Washington Sentinals "The Replacements"

Basketball: Cincinnati Royals "Maurie"

I watch a lot of sports movies, and I've been compiling a list in my head of the best uniforms I've seen on screen. Enjoy, or not.

Umm I htink this thread is about ficticious teams. The 1980 US Olympic team ("Miracle") actually existed and I think the Chunichi Dragons are real as well.

Umm I htink this thread is about ficticious teams. The 1980 US Olympic team ("Miracle") actually existed and I think the Chunichi Dragons are real as well.

It didn't specify fantasy or not, but since you want to nit-pick:

Hockey: Charlestown Chiefs "Slap Shot"

Baseball: N.Y. Knights (road) "The Natural"

Basketball: Hickory Huskers (white) "Hoosiers"

Remember the Titans, T.C. Williams baby!

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

I pretty much like all the ones from Slap Shot.

syracuse_jersey_big.jpg

Brophyc.jpg

I'd show the others but the site that used to have pics of each of the jersey's from that movie is no longer around...so this is the best I could do...for now...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I absolutely loved the Hickory Huskers' uniforms in "Hoosiers." Heck, I liked the opposing teams' unis, too. That movie caught the look of high school basketball in the 1950s (not that I remember that far back, but I did see photos).

The original Mighty Ducks logo on their jerseys looks like something of a premonition of theirĀ  :cursing: alternates.

I liked the unis of the team that played Permian in the state title game in Friday Night Lights. Although if the unis used by the opponents in the movie were the same in 1988 in real life then this wouldn't work for this topic.

The Permian and Dallas Carter jereseys were the original colors and look of the original game played in 1987. That is when the two teams actually played. Although the game was never played as the state title game. It was a quarter-final matchup and Permian got hammered. They do have to change things up for the movies ya know. Since we are on this subject they also had Amarillo High School... which I almost attended as powder blue and yellow. Which is wrong. Their school colors are Gold & Black. So they key character schools which they had to pay for their likeness were accurate. The not so character schools were altered versions to cause them not to have to pay their respected school districts.

The film Friday Night Lights was a major disappointment if you read the book. They totally "Hollywoodized" it and in doing so, ruined the story. So much was fiction, even down to the timing of Booby's injury and the aftermath of it. It was ridiculous.

Anyway, back to the thread. Lots of good votes here but for football, I have to go with the "University of Louisiana" in Everybody's All-American, which I believe qualifies because they were similar but not identical to LSU. Also enjoyed the old Georgia uni's in the same movie's Sugar Bowl.

While I'm at it, I'll nominate the sequence where the Grey Ghost tries his comeback with Denver as one of the best sports movie moments of all time. From the first shot of the Bronco high atop Mile High Stadium to the "eyes" shots in the snowstorm and the finale of him kicking the Denver helmet through the snow, the way the scenes and music fit are just awesome.

For you trivia buffs, yes, Denver's #57 in the snow game is indeed ESPN's Tom Jackson back during his playing days.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived