Movie/TV Unis

BJ Sands

I watch a lot of sports movies, and I've been compiling a list in my head of the best uniforms I've seen on screen. Enjoy, or not.

Hockey: District 5 Mighty Ducks (The original green one)

Baseball: New York Knights (Duh)

Football: North Dallas Bulls (Just like the 'Boys from the 70's)

Basketball: Western Dolphins (Like UCLA)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Football- MEAN MACHINE (longest yard)

Which version? I hope you mean the original.

This is a great topic. I'm going to have to think about it for a while. Presumably you mean fictional teams, so we can't include "Bull Durham", "Brian's Song", "Pride of the Yankees", etc.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Football: The unis for the team Keanu Reeves plays for in The Replacements

Baseball: Aren't too many baseball movies with fictional teams....hmmm

Hockey: I liked the Hawks unis in the Mighty Ducks movies

This is a great topic. I'm going to have to think about it for a while. Presumably you mean fictional teams, so we can't include "Bull Durham", "Brian's Song", "Pride of the Yankees", etc.

The new one it just says mean to me. But I think that the logo looks like and octopus on top of an M

a_mcnabb_i.jpg

Yes, fictional teams only. And thanks for the love.

My two nominees for best uniform:

Bad News Bears

050612_BadNewsBears_ex.jpg

New York Knights

TVJL0251.jpg

Actually, Javier Pulido drew a cool fictional team uniform in the Vertigo comic series The Human Target, issues 4 and 5, but I can't remember the name of the team. It was the New York somethings, with a sleek green and black scheme. Kind of a Wall Street look for a New York team.

20082614447.png

The original Mighty Ducks logo on their jerseys looks like something of a premonition of their :cursing: alternates.

I liked the unis of the team that played Permian in the state title game in Friday Night Lights. Although if the unis used by the opponents in the movie were the same in 1988 in real life then this wouldn't work for this topic.

All the teams from The Replacements look like they could be right out of the NFL. Funny thing - the NFL didn't seem to mind the association - even though it was a clearly fictional league, and the logo they wore on the jersey wasn't the NFL shield, they mention being "an All-Pro Quarterback" and "Super Bowl rings."

Best: The Replacements Washington Sentinals

Worst: What was the team the Sharks played in "Any Given Sunday" with those gold jerseys? Those were awful.

I think that team was the Dallas Knights - something like that. Texas Stadium looked pretty cool in that film though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived