Movie/TV Unis

BJ Sands

Has anyone noticed those Washington Sentinels have been used in a variety of commercials? I know they are in the Tenactin commercial with John Madden but I've seen them a few more times as well.

I think the Replacements unis were used in a U2 video too. I've also see the West Caanan Coyotes unis from Varsity Blues (which I've always liked) used in some other commercials or movies.

I couldn't find a picture of them, but the worst are EASILY the Eagles football unis from Saving Silverman...just awful.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'd love to have an throwback indians #99 jersey with "Vaughn" on the back...that would be awesome.

16553__sheen_l.jpg

The law of supply and demand is pretty harsh on this right now. I've seen precious few of these jerseys on eBay and they usually sell pretty high. You'd think they'd just make these again, it's not like the Hartford Whalers or anything.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Hockey: District 5 Mighty Ducks (The original green one)

Ooh--I would classify those as the worst.

I'd go with the Chiefs from Slapshot for hockey.

The Phoenix Scorpions for football--I love the helmets.

Basketbal & baseball?

Hmm--I'm not sure...

For several helmets & unis from TV & Movies check out this link-

Which I'm sure has linked from here before

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

there was this old '80s show on HBO called "1st and Ten". The show even had OJ Simpson as a cast member. The one thing I remember was the team's helmet. They were called the California Bulls. And the helmet was sort of like a reversed Vikings with the horns. Very cool design for its' day I thninl.

No love for the Cougars from Playmakers? The white ones were much nicer than the darks.

Yeah, the Charleston Chiefs jerseys are probably nicer than the Ducks, but The Mighty Ducks means more to me than Slap Shot. That flick got me into hockey and made 96 my favorite number.

Has anyone noticed those Washington Sentinels have been used in a variety of commercials?  I know they are in the Tenactin commercial with John Madden but I've seen them a few more times as well.

I think the Replacements unis were used in a U2 video too. I've also see the West Caanan Coyotes unis from Varsity Blues (which I've always liked) used in some other commercials or movies.

Also IIRC i've seen the Muddogs Burbon Bowl jerseys in a few movies and TV ads as well.in fact i've seen a few jerseys in the movie "Max Kiebbles Big Move".

Yeah, the Charleston Chiefs jerseys are probably nicer than the Ducks, but The Mighty Ducks means more to me than Slap Shot. That flick got me into hockey and made 96 my favorite number.

Slapshot is a hell of alot better movie than Mighty Ducks, IMO.

How about the Jax jerseys from "The Deadliest Season" tv movie with Michael Moriarity:

That guy in the dark jersey looks like the one bad guy from Slap Shot--Tim McCracken, was it?

Paul D'Amato played McCracken, and he was also in the "Dealiest Season". So it's most likely the same guy.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The original Mighty Ducks logo on their jerseys looks like something of a premonition of their :cursing: alternates.

I liked the unis of the team that played Permian in the state title game in Friday Night Lights. Although if the unis used by the opponents in the movie were the same in 1988 in real life then this wouldn't work for this topic.

Actually all the teams shown in Friday night Lights wore their current uniforms. Permain hadn't changed uniforms since 1988 so no big deal for them. But all of their opponents, you'll notice one team had Bronco style uni's had a different style except for maybe the team they played in the championship.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Best: Football: The Washington Sentinels "The Replacements"

Worst: Football: Every team in "Any Given Sunday"

Best: Baseball: New York Knights "The Natutral"

Worst: Baseball: The Bingo Long Traveling All Stars and Motor Kings " The Bingo Long Trav...I'm too tired.

Best: Hockey: The Charlestown Chiefs "Slap Shot"

Worst: Hockey: The Mighty Ducks "The Mighty Ducks I thru... whatever"

Best: Basketball: Hickory High "Hoosiers"

Worst: Basketball: The Pittsburgh Pisces "The fish that saved Pittsburgh"

Cheerleaders: Best: The Beers "Baseketball"

Worst: Cheerleaders: All of the ones who didn't make the cut in "The Replacements"

How about the Jax jerseys from "The Deadliest Season" tv movie with Michael Moriarity:

That guy in the dark jersey looks like the one bad guy from Slap Shot--Tim McCracken, was it?

Paul D'Amato played McCracken, and he was also in the "Dealiest Season". So it's most likely the same guy.

I thought of him right away when I saw the picture...

So he probably had an agent looking for those kind of roles.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

OK, here goes:

Baseball -- New York Knights (The Natural)

Football -- Washington Sentinels (The Replacements)

Hockey -- Charlestown Chiefs (Slap Shot)

Basketball -- Cadwalader U (Fast Break w/Gabe Kaplan)

I couldn't think of any standout basketball unis, so by default I picked this one, because it is an underrated so-cheesy-it's-good movie that no one talks about any more. Honestly, the only thing I remember about the unis is that they were blue, but most fictional basketball unis seem to really suck, so what the hell.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

i'd love to have an throwback indians #99 jersey with "Vaughn" on the back...that would be awesome.

16553__sheen_l.jpg

I have a blank one from the style of Major League 2...I just have to get it personalized

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived