Check out this lousy knockoff Stuabch jersey

griffelh

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roger-Staubach-Dallas-...1QQcmdZViewItem

As opposed to the great jersey robbman made for me, this guy keeps selling ridiculously innacurate knockoffs. He claims to have "recently purchased the collection of a longtime Cowboys collector" but I doubt it. Completely wrong number font and too many and too thin sleeve stripes! When I emailed him a couple of months ago, he just bought them from someone and they were "very expensive to make"

d5_1.JPG

1d_1.JPG

Met Roger back in 71 at a Dallas department store..then again in 96 at a FCA event. Great guy. THATS what a pro player is all about.

I agree with everyone else, that's a pretty awful throwback.

On to the real reason I replied: I got to hear Roger speak at a dinner a long time ago. He was atypical in that he stuck around for what had to have been 90+ minutes afterwards, signing, talking, and just enjoying being with the crowd. A great guy.

I also personally think he is one of the great underrated athletes of the past half century. How many of the players we idolize today could basically take five years off after college, comeback and make a pro team, let alone become one of the best players at his position?

Very few, if any, particularly in football...

So...

It's OK for Robbmann to make a jersey for you - though he's not licensed by the NFL and he's not making a profit.

But someone else makes one, doesn't do the same quality job as Robbmann (but has some other ones listed with the correct numbers), and he's the devil?

And I'll admit, I've posted numerous eBay frauds on this board. But why is Robbmann different from all the others? Please explain.

So...

It's OK for Robbmann to make a jersey for you - though he's not licensed by the NFL and he's not making a profit.

But someone else makes one, doesn't do the same quality job as Robbmann (but has some other ones listed with the correct numbers), and he's the devil?

And I'll admit, I've posted numerous eBay frauds on this board. But why is Robbmann different from all the others? Please explain.

because Robb's are accurate and he isnt ripping anybody off with false info/lies.

The one here in question isnt even close to the real deal. Its blue, with a #12, and Staubach on the back, and an NFL logo on the the shuolder? come on now...

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

So...

because Robb's are accurate and he isnt ripping anybody off with false info/lies.

The one here in question isnt even close to the real deal. Its blue, with a #12, and Staubach on the back, and an NFL logo on the the shuolder? come on now...

Do your homework, wilson, before accusing this guy of being a liar - you're as ignorant as the eBayer, who bastardized a 1964 jersey with a 1969:

1964:

DallasC64.gif

1969:

Dallas69.gif

So...

Do your homework, wilson, before accusing this guy of being a liar - you're as ignorant as the eBayer, who bastardized a 1964 jersey with a 1969:

1964:

DallasC64.gif

1969:

Dallas69.gif

Um, the number font is still different, and there's an unnecessary NFL patch on the shoulder. That jersey is complete crap, and well worth being called out, even if Dallas DID wear 3 sleeve stripes at one time.

spikes.jpg

So...

1964:

DallasC64.gif

1969:

Dallas69.gif

what do I need to do my homework on, and why am I ignorent? What is it you are gettin at exactly here?

Its the worng number font, with the wrong sleeves with the NFL patch...

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived