How can CFL be taken serious?

Redlands, CA

I'm sure there was more, I just looked for 3 that I saw first to prove a point.

So people don't think the CFL can be taken serious after this trade

I think you mean to say "SOME people won't take the league seriously over this"

You also picked out only 3 of 64 posts to prove your point, and ignored that there are more posts talking about how interesting the dynamic of the trade will be in the league.

As for lilg having to "read very carefully about what you see, eyes are deceiving" O think you need to read that article alittle closer. It clearly states this trade went down in October, and that they have agreed to the final component of the trade now, and it will be completed following the game tomarrow.

As for Canadians being upset, how do you know these poeple are all Canadian? that is a very broad assumption to make. Care to back it up? or is it just because it's on TSN.ca makes everyone who looks and posts there Canadian? you're not a Canadian, and you're there.

your skills of arguement haven't improved much from you "Hockey Gods" defence two years ago

I think you mean to say "SOME people won't take the league seriously over this"

It clearly states this trade went down in October, and that they have agreed to the final component of the trade now, and it will be completed following the game tomarrow.

Whoops, I should have re-read it and re-wrote it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a rumour of a trade that might be coming up AFTER the grey cup involving the backup QB for a team competing in the game?

And if so, what's the big deal?

That's what I was thinking. If it's a backup QB who hasn't that much of chance to even get in the game, and then the trade is going down AFTERWARDS, then why are (4) people up in arms about this?

Maas could very well get into tonight's game (he's led them to two come-from-behind victories in a row), but it's not even like Maas has been unearthed as the "future considerations" just today.

They were talking about him as the likeliest candidate before the playoffs even started. The discussion has just grown because he's been the Eskies' hero so far in the playoffs.

In short, it's an odd situation, but by no means does it make the CFL a joke of a league. The Marlins dismantling their World Series team shortly after a win didn't make the MLB a joke of a league. The Ravens dumping their starting QB after a Super Bowl-winning season didn't make the NFL a joke of a league. Those were mostly free agency situations, but the idea is similar.

Every league has their quirky situations once in a while (and admittedly, the CFL seems to have more of them simply because it's compared to the NFL, the gold standard of how to run a pro sports league), but it's no reason to talk down to the little league that can (and is).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Maas for McManus? This trade is so lopsided. Maas is a good backup QB, somebody the Als could definitely use, and Danny Mac? He should've retired 5 years ago.

I think the Tigercats score on this one.

Yes, and the Eskies scored on the whole Comiskey/Davis trade.

So it's even.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Maas for McManus? This trade is so lopsided. Maas is a good backup QB, somebody the Als could definitely use, and Danny Mac? He should've retired 5 years ago.

Yes, and the Eskies scored on the whole Comiskey/Davis trade.

So it's even.

I think that would be the point.

I hope Maas goes to the Ticats for sure--and flourishes and Ray struggles.

but then I'm a Stampeder fan.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

your skills of arguement haven't improved much from you "Hockey Gods" defence two years ago

Notorious?!

:o:unsure::blink::Oo::suspect:

Edit to refelct topic: It's probable that at least one of those people on tsn.ca bashing the CFL is Canadian. Not to hate on the league, but its primary market is not outside of Canada's borders, its most avid followers are Canadian, and people who either flat out hate the CFL or just plain don't care about it (in this case, assumed to be American or more foreign) probably aren't reading CFL coverage on tsn.ca anyway. I can't even tell you the last time I read a website with a .ca domain unless I was looking up hockey jersey manufacturers.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Forgetting the "future considerations" element of the prior trade, I think that purely from this transaction's perspective, Tim Bakker is an equal part of this trade. McManus will provide some veteran leadership and an experienced backup in case Ray fails (or bolts for the NFL again) and Bakker helps fill the void that Bruce Beaton will leave on the offensive line.

That said, it certainly fills a hole for Hamilton.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Not to intentionally go off topic,but anyone wanna take a guess as to where Casey Printers ends up? For some reason i saw him ending up in Hamilton,but that obviously now wouldnt happen

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Archived