NL:Rewind To The Past VOTING

ColtzFan101

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if he means Stars number 1 or 2....

I'll just have to figure it out. If he dosen't say ill assume it's number 2.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

In keeping with the not voting for ourselves theme...

3pts. Atlanta Black Crackers (because rmered got royally screwed by being left off the initial voting thread, missing any opportunity of getting a single point in the first mad dash of voting. Shame on you ColtzFan101 for leaving him out. I know it was an honest mistake with no malice behind it, but as a contest facilitator you CANNOT do that!)

2pts. St. Louis Stars #2

1pt. Washington Potomacs

Great job all around guys!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

In keeping with the not voting for ourselves theme...

3pts. Atlanta Black Crackers (because rmered got royally screwed by being left off the initial voting thread, missing any opportunity of getting a single point in the first mad dash of voting. Shame on you ColtzFan101 for leaving him out. I know it was an honest mistake with no malice behind it, but as a contest facilitator you CANNOT do that!)

2pts. St. Louis Stars #2

1pt. Washington Potomacs

Great job all around guys!

Yeah sorry bout that greg. I had a hard time trying to keep up with the entries, but anyway(please vote for rmered a bit and get him some points everyone) ,but also vote for your favs 2.

manning2.gif

but anyway(please vote for rmered a bit and get him some points everyone), but also vote for your favs 2.

Way to miss the point...doh.gif

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Okay i'm fluffin sorry I forgot to add rmered. It was kinda hard to keep track of that but i'll make sure that next contest I don't forget anyone!

Thanks and regards,

Coltz

manning2.gif

Alright just checking the voting to see whats going on. Well thanks to all who participated by the way. I appreciate it.

manning2.gif

Voting closes Monday at 8 PM everyone!

manning2.gif

The Voting is Closed! Great entries everyone! Heres the final score:

1ST PLACE: Pittsburgh Keystones(gregjigga5)

2ND PLACE: Washington Potomacs(Ballwonk)

3RD PLACE: St.Louis Stars #2(Cokeologist)

And Wrapping Up The Rest

St.Louis Stars #1

Cincinnati Clowns

Atlanta Black Crackers

Kansas City Monarchs

Homestead Grays

Detroit Wolves

Jersey City Athletics

I will PM the top three with TEMPORARY signatures. My friend is helping me work on the real ones. I will PM you with the real ones when they are done, for now use the temporary if you wish.

Good try all! Well get ready for my next contest whenever it comes!

Congratulations gregjigga5, Winning 2 contests straight!

Astrobowl II and now NL:Rewind To The Past!

manning2.gif

Not necessarily. No offence to rmered, who is great at these contests, but did you ever think people didn't vote for him because they liked someone else's work better? I know that when I voted I took all the entries into consideration, including rmered's. Maybe he didn't get shafted; maybe he got beat.

Not necessarily. No offence to rmered, who is great at these contests, but did you ever think people didn't vote for him because they liked someone else's work better? I know that when I voted I took all the entries into consideration, including rmered's. Maybe he didn't get shafted; maybe he got beat.

Umm actually I'm saying that because his entry wasn't even included in the voting until voting was almost over. That's why he got shafted. If I had seen this voting thread before voting was over and entry had been included in the voting, he would have gotten one of my votes.

I'm not saying he necessarily would have won, but he got shafted because his entry wasn't in the voting until voting was almost over and it was a very poorly run contest.

buffalo_sig.png

I agree that it was a shame that rmered wasn't included in the voting thread from the begining, but I would suspect that the most of people who voted after rmered posted knew the circumstances. I know that I considered his design while voting.

I'm hono(u)red to earn a plurality of the votes. However, I vehemently agree with the sentiment regarding rmered's omission for the first 24 or so hours of the voting. Honestly, over half of the votes were cast by the time rmered was added to the initial post. That's just unacceptable. I truly do believe that the integrity of the contest had been compromised when the first vote was cast.

I don't know what can/should be done about it (maybe only count the votes tallied after rmered was added?), but I do know that I would have been royally pissed off and raised holy hell if the same thing happened to me. However, Rob is a much classier fellow than I.

Archived