USC/Texas Season Stat Comparisons and Ranks

AAO

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right on, EZ.

But damn, UT's defense really stands out. But then again, lets keep in mind that they've played 2 teams this season that were in the top 30 offenses in the nation. USC's played 8 teams of that same top 30, creating for the higher yards given up per game, etc.

Much respect due to Texas, they deserve to be there. But I HATE Texas. No offense to their fans or anything. I just want them to lose.

I do not "root" for my Conference. If KU and K-State are out, I could give a crap. Though I can tolerate all Big 12 teams except OU and Texas. Yes, a Kansas fan who can tolerate Mizzou.

Much respect due to Texas, they deserve to be there. But I HATE Texas. No offense to their fans or anything. I just want them to lose.

I do not "root" for my Conference. If KU and K-State are out, I could give a crap. Though I can tolerate all Big 12 teams except OU and Texas. Yes, a Kansas fan who can tolerate Mizzou.

fair enough...at least we both detest BlowU.

newsig.jpg

I guess its cause people like to see the underdog win, or see a change. USC's 45-1 since October 2002.

....or maybe it's because UT might be really good!

AAO and others:

I'm really no trash-talker, but I am a little baffled by some of these points that are brought up repeatedly. Anytime a stat favors USC the tone shifts into this "amazing, incredible, unstoppable" cheerleading...it's never how it's going to happen..."it's just going to happen, well because we're USC and we've won the last two and we have an amazing streak going." I give total props to the Trojans for what they have accomplished, but SC success is not a birthright.

If the Longhorns have any edge, in any category for what ever reason, we get slighted. The Big XII has been equal to, if not better than the Pac-10 over the last few years. This year you're right. The Big XII is down, no arguement, but please don't spin this in to how rugged the Pac-10 is. The SEC and the Big Ten are better conferences.

I've been around twenty-five years of UT football and this is probably the most dangerous team I've seen since the '83 Cotton Bowl. I can see Texas winning this game because they play well as a team, they are unfazed by being on the road among a hostile crowd (OSU) and for once balance the difference between cockiness and confidence. The offense has a lot more to it than Vince Young. The defense is downright scary. Does this GUARANTEE a Texas win in the the Rose Bowl? Hell no. I wouldn't be stunned if UT lost, but I don't expect it.

May the best team win.

UT - 40 USC - 27

newsig.jpg

I've been around twenty-five years of UT football and this is probably the most dangerous team I've seen since the '83 Cotton Bowl.  I can see Texas winning this game because they play well as a team, they are unfazed by being on the road among a hostile crowd (OSU) and for once balance the difference between cockiness and confidence.  The offense has a lot more to it than Vince Young.  The defense is downright scary.   Does this GUARANTEE a Texas win in the the Rose Bowl?  Hell no.  I wouldn't be stunned if UT lost, but I don't expect it.

May the best team win.

UT - 40     USC - 27

Hey I know you're a diehard Texas fan, and God bless ya. The Longhorns are good.

But don't tell me that Eugene, Oregon isn't a tough place to play. Don't tell me that Seattle, Washington isn't a hostile environment. Sure those home teams may not be that good (well, the Ducks are decent), but USC flat out destroyed Oregon and UW on the road. That's just how good USC really is. And if South Bend isn't tough, especially when the Irish are really good and they're playing the #1 team in front of a national audience, then I honestly have no clue what a hostile environment is or where its located.

Texas's defense is downright scary because they've barely faced a decent offense. Look up the stats and tell me where all those Big 12 offenses rank.

And yes, may the best team win, but...

Go Trojans.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

No offense Street, but you're not a real Kansas fan if you can tolerate Mizzourah. :D

I have seen Texas in living color this year when they hung 60+ on us and I have watched USC many times on TV too, I for one think that most are selling Texas short. The Trojans have a wonderful offense, but they have some holes in the linebackers and secondary that might be exploited by Vince and his receivers (who are underrated) if they can get loose. On the other hand, Texas has a soft run defense, need I say more. I'm just glad to finally see a 1 vs. 2 championship game.

Go College Football.

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
See, defense does win championships...:P

although i will say texas' defense was far from impressive in the second half. however their only defensive stand of the half turned out to be the most important on that 4th and 2 at midfield.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

See, defense does win championships...:P

although i will say texas' defense was far from impressive in the second half. however their only defensive stand of the half turned out to be the most important on that 4th and 2 at midfield.

Texas' defense struggled because USC was only the 4th offense they faced all year ranked in the top 50. Texas' defense had an easy time picking on terrible offenses all year long...7 opponents had offenses that ranked 80th or worse. that's why it was "so good".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived