The Ballard Leaf

BJ Sands

The Ballard Leaf just looks more Canadian. (Not Canadien, of course  :D )

I'd say you're right...

Canada.jpg

2005-07-20_095616_TorontoMapleLeafs.jpg

this one looks even more canadian:

275.gif

it was the logo the replaced the classic leaf. it was designed to look like the leaf on the flag in celebration of canada's centenial. the current leaf in modernized version of this one. notice how the '67-'70 leaf is very close in design to the canadian flag leaf, while the ballard leaf is more boxy and streamlined.

• 2 weeks later...
Well heres something to know the Leafs have never won a Cup with the Ballard Leaf and I think part of teh longing for the better leaf is with in that fact too.

I can't think that's it, Tank. If that were true, Flyers fans would be clamoring for a return to the orange jerseys with no black outlining on the Bernie Parent-style sleeves (more linear, less curves) and contrast-color nameplates. I think the uniforms the Flyers wore through the '80s and '90s (until the all-black jersey invaded) were perfect, and they won zero Cups in them. Same goes for the Leafs - it would seem the problem is more hard lingering feelings for Ballard than a nostlagia for the Cup leaf.

I'd like to see them go back to the leaf used on the flag. I'm not that crazy about the old '50s-style leaf, but the '67 leaf does tie in more with the national flag, and it is not the Ballard leaf, which everyone would seem to think is an improvement.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well heres something to know the Leafs have never won a Cup with the Ballard Leaf and I think part of teh longing for the better leaf is with in that fact too.

I can't think that's it, Tank. If that were true, Flyers fans would be clamoring for a return to the orange jerseys with no black outlining on the Bernie Parent-style sleeves (more linear, less curves) and contrast-color nameplates. I think the uniforms the Flyers wore through the '80s and '90s (until the all-black jersey invaded) were perfect, and they won zero Cups in them. Same goes for the Leafs - it would seem the problem is more hard lingering feelings for Ballard than a nostlagia for the Cup leaf.

I'd like to see them go back to the leaf used on the flag. I'm not that crazy about the old '50s-style leaf, but the '67 leaf does tie in more with the national flag, and it is not the Ballard leaf, which everyone would seem to think is an improvement.

The Flyers logo is the same and their uniforms are hardly different from their cup years... it is a different situation

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived