Chargers Pants

hawk36

As for the number of jags, from what I can tell, the yellow pants had 6 whereas the current version has 8. Again, without being the equipment manager it's difficult to tell, but from all I've gathered that is the case.

hawk is correct. In Pantone's style-guide illustration, they have the current number of "jags" at 6, just like the old pants. However, take a look at this picture:

pl_202553.jpg

Clearly, there are more than six "jags".

The throwback pants seem to have 8 "jags" as well. There are certainly more than 6:

020.jpg

Damnit, now everytime i see them all i will be able to think is that there are to many jags on the pants as compared to the shoulders and helmet, thanks for ruining another team that i won't be able to watch now :D

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Guys, the extra jags are not new; theywere added some time ago. Looking through my old pics, I can confirm that they've jumped from the 6 jags during the early 80s to what they have now.

I'm still looking for a good side-view of their SB year, to see if they match the current number.

As I was typing this, I remembered that the bolts were dropped from the pants in the late 80s when the Chargers went darker to the current navy shade.

They were added back several years later (I think in '92). Maybe their return from hiatus resulted in the newer/current look. B)

Personally, I think they look fine. The didn't look like the Bolts without the, well, bolts!

my high school had rough replicas of the 85 unis but with some minor variations...blue facemasks...and the bolt on the pants was basically the same screen pattern as the jersey but straightened out for the pant...I liked that much better than the lelectric slug that the sd chargers have.

also has anyone ever noticed that the shoulder bolt patterns will be inverted on some jerseys?...it's difficult to explain but the the correct zig zag pattern should mirror the front of the helmet bolt...there might be some pics out there if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

Archived