My first true ai design

GMac

Hey guys all this talk of vector and the TFAQ finally lit a fire under my ass and I decided to try to redo one of my logos in Illustrator... so here it is... took me about two hours and i changed the colour and modified it cus i was having trouble with the black outline... heres a comparison of my work in Photoshop (where i am king lol) which I have done ALL of my previous designs in surprising isnt it... and illustrator...any comments with out telling me to go to the TFAQ lol... ps i know the illustrator one still needs some work... im just proud ok...lol

Photoshop

knights3.gif

Illustrator

knightsai.gif

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

thanks guy means alot... been touching it up pretty much all night... i hope it turns out okay...

*EDIT* here's my final version... and when i mean final it usually means i stress out by one or two imperfections i find later...lol... but i cleaned it up alot more... if there is anything you can spot let me know... its the only way ill learn

knightsai2.gif

www.pifflespodcast.com

Looks great Gmac.

I too, procrastinated in learning the ways of Illustrator.  And while I don't confess to be an expert by any means, I am sure glad that I did it.  So much stuff that hits these boards looks like absolute crap.  And often they are great ideas, that are difficult to be taken seriously because they are done in photoshop with low-res templates.  It's too bad.

Anyhow, keep up the good work, great design...

grc

yanks_sig.gif

nice job. the raster version looks fine as well. good layout and design can hide minor flaws (that some board members here would feast on [/joke]).

illustrator isn't so bad once you get used to it.

keep up the good work.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Awsome Gmac - very clean, great colors. :)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Thanks guy... i really starting to get used to Illustrator... im redoing a logo none of you have seen yet... I did it for my floor hockey team 2 years ago... i hope it comes out good... ill post both versions when im finished

www.pifflespodcast.com

This looks great Gmac, i look forward to more logos with your new-found craft.  

The Pathfinder tool is your friend.  The merge, combine buttons make a lot of things easier, look under window (i think) for the toolwindow.

Just critiquing, i think you could go around and make sure you have the red and black shadowing consistant with the form.  Its tedious, but the small details end up making the biggest difference.

But that is a wonderful logo, i really like it a lot, and i honestly think you have something great to build off of.

hey gang, i'm brand new to the board (i've been peeking at it for a while). i'm really impressed with the stuff you guys put out.....just wanted to give a shout out.

This ladies and gentlemen is how we introduce ourselves to the board.  Not "Hey, make me a logo".  With that said, welcome joel.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived