Super Bowl XL Logo Revisited

KJTALBOT

Has anyone changed their mind about this year's Super Bowl logo since the time it was introduced?

I liked it then. I love it now. It is simple and does the job.

It is in my top five with SuperBowl XXI, XIV, XXXV and XVI.

My Bottom 4: SuperBowl IV, VI, XXXIX, and XXIX.

Everyone loves a roundel.

A lot of my problem has NOTHING to do with the idea, design, whatever. You have the odometer for Detroit, XL is big for "Extra Large", and that's all good, but my problem is that the REAL one (not the one thats being printed on merchandise and whatnot) is that the Red and the Blue have shades to make it look like it was one of those logos the manufacturer puts on the back of their cars--sticks out too much. I understand where it's coming from, but I don't like the 3-D effect on a Super Bowl logo. THat's my one gripe with it, it should be one shade of red and blue throughout, to keep it 2-D looking...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

A lot of my problem has NOTHING to do with the idea, design, whatever. You have the odometer for Detroit, XL is big for "Extra Large", and that's all good, but my problem is that the REAL one (not the one thats being printed on merchandise and whatnot) is that the Red and the Blue have shades to make it look like it was one of those logos the manufacturer puts on the back of their cars--sticks out too much. I understand where it's coming from, but I don't like the 3-D effect on a Super Bowl logo. THat's my one gripe with it, it should be one shade of red and blue throughout, to keep it 2-D looking...

Do you have a pic of the REAL one?

I still hate it because it's a lie. The 40th anniversary of the Super Bowl is January 15, 2007. It's the 40th GAME, not the 40th anniversary.

I also stand by my assertion that once it gets to 50 they should switch to arabic numerals, because Super Bowl L just looks dumb.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I still hate it because it's a lie. The 40th anniversary of the Super Bowl is January 15, 2007. It's the 40th GAME, not the 40th anniversary.

I also stand by my assertion that once it gets to 50 they should switch to arabic numerals, because Super Bowl L just looks dumb.

It's not counting the anniversaris, it's counting the # of games. This is the 40th Super Bowl but the 39th anniversary of Super Bowl I. Would you rather they had started with Super Bowl 0 in 1967?

oakqb4.jpg

It's not counting the anniversaris, it's counting the # of games. This is the 40th Super Bowl but the 39th anniversary of Super Bowl I. Would you rather they had started with Super Bowl 0 in 1967?

The XL doesn't represent the 40th Anniversary, but there is a logo and a lot of merchandise that has "40th Anniversary" on it.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/HTMLPages/...FF151327-xl.jpg

http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_im...1-2288218dt.jpg

Save the slugalo.

Archived