Vanderjagt on Letterman

rmackman

...it almost looks like hes making light of missing the FG...

Making light of a game?! That's just crazy! :wacko:

I feel bad for him. Everyone's on his ass over a 46 yarder that is hardly a gimme, even in the NFL. The real question is, IMO, why didn't whoever was calling the plays (and who knows at this point) help the guy out by moving the ball up the field into better position instead of taking multple desperate stabs at the endzone. I promise 8 more yards or so would've made the difference.

Not that I'm complaining, though. I'll glady play the Steelers at home than the Colts in Indy. ^_^

''Peyton is the Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan of football,'' said Vanderjagt. ''I'd give him a little leeway. . .''

Anyone see anything wrong with that comparison???

Those guys step up when it's nutcheck time. Peyton Mannig just steps up to get sacked.

With all due respect, sacks are the offensive line's fault; they really have nothing to do with the performance of the quarterback. Peyton Manning played a good game, not great, but a solid football game. He did everything he needed to to put the Colts in a position to tie or win the game. His defense and his offensive line let him down the entire game.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

With all due respect, sacks are the offensive line's fault; they really have nothing to do with the performance of the quarterback.

They do, to a degree. Especially when talking about the Colts.

Who does the playcalling? (Manning.)

Who calls the line's blocking assignments? (Manning.)

Who couldn't pick up the Steelers' blitz packages and called out the wrong coverage time and again? (Manning.)

Who called pass plays where short-yardage runs would've worked, forcing the O-line to do a disproportionate amount of pass blocking, which takes more energy and forces the lineman to backpedal rather than force the contact? (Manning.)

Who overrode his coach's decision on 4th down, and failed to convert? (Manning.)

Those are his sacks as much as they are the linemen's. He wants the glory and accolades of being the guy who calls all his own plays, he'll have to shoulder the blame when it doesn't work out. And this year, there were fewer excuses than ever - home field, no trip to New England, etc.

I'm putting a share of the blame on Peyton for this one. Sorry, tempest.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

With all due respect, sacks are the offensive line's fault; they really have nothing to do with the performance of the quarterback.

Except for coverage sacks.

Who overrode his coach's decision on 4th down, and failed to convert? (Manning.)

Whoa, which 4th down are you talking about? The big Manning override I remember, the Colts converted.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived