Vanderjagt on Letterman

rmackman

Canadian Press

1/20/2006 2:04:32 PM

NEW YORK (CP) - Indianapolis Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt got a second chance at making a 46-yard field goal this week.

The Oakville, Ont., native successfully made the kick during a segment on The Late Show with David Letterman on Thursday. He missed a 46-yard attempt in Sunday's AFC playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. The field goal would have tied the game.

Letterman held the ball for Vanderjagt, who kicked it through the uprights that were set up outside Letterman's Manhattan studio.

Vanderjagt had on theory about why his kick on Sunday was wide right.

''All the Steeler fans on the left side of the stadium, they all blew at the same time,'' said Vanderjagt, who had only missed two kicks during the regular season.

Vanderjagt also defended Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, who has taken a lot of heat for the Colts loss.

''Peyton is the Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan of football,'' said Vanderjagt. ''I'd give him a little leeway. . .''

Vanderjagt's contract expires this year.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

''Peyton is the Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan of football,'' said Vanderjagt. ''I'd give him a little leeway. . .''

Anyone see anything wrong with that comparison???

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Those guys step up when it's nutcheck time. Peyton Mannig just steps up to get sacked.

Vanderjagt is already going out in public?? Dude has got to be drunk.

What's he supposed to do? Hide out in a bunker and eat canned foods for the next six months? At least he's taking it in stride.

Easy for me to say, I'm not a Colts fan.

Vanderjagt is already going out in public??  Dude has got to be drunk.

Idiot kicker.

LOL...i will trade them Longwell and a 6 pack of Molson Canadian for their idiot kicker :)

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Woods and Jordan have each won a fist full of titles?

OK, in fairness, neither of 'em had to rely on an idiot kicker as a teammate.

Woods and Jordan have each won a fist full of titles?

OK, in fairness, neither of 'em had to rely on an idiot kicker as a teammate.

:notworthy::notworthy:

metslogo_215.gif

Man, lay off the poor guy, if your not careful, we'll have a real life Ace Vantura: Pet Detective case on our hands. Vanderjagt will get a sex change, become a top cop in the Indianapolis area, then try to kill Payton because he didnt hold the ball "laces out."

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Im not sure going on Letterman is a good idea it almost looks like hes making light of missing the FG, hes already going to have problems going back to Indy next year, even though a 46 yarder is not easy it was just how badly it was missed.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Im not sure going on Letterman is a good idea it almost looks like hes making light of missing the FG, hes already going to have problems going back to Indy next year, even though a 46 yarder is not easy it was just how badly it was missed.

I think he's a free agent after this season, so he may not be back in Indy next year....

I saw, I came, I left.

Vanderjagt is not an idiot. He's a good kicker and a good guy who's gotten a bad rep. Missing that kick sure didn't help though.

And I'm glad he was smart and went on Letterman to try to undo the bad rep. He was able to redeem himself without disrespecting Peyton or the team and can move on to his new team in peace.

Don't blame the kicker... the Colts shouldn't have had the opportunity to tie the game to begin with, and all of you know that.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I think he's a free agent after this season, so he may not be back in Indy next year....

Might be a good idea to sign elsewhere even though he shoudl nt be blamed its better to go somewhere else.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah, I'm hearing Vanderjagt has kicked his last kick for Indy.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived