End zone logos in championsip games?

usahockeyrube

I would need to see a photo then because both of those game were on ESPN Classic last week and I don't remember the endzones having both teams.

Part of the problem, and you can see it on some photos is the fact that the word Broncos is painted in the end zone and they just painted over Browns from the previous weeks game.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Can't find any pictures on Google from ANY NFC or AFC championship game that proves the "two endzones" thing.

I tried. ^_^

Edited the blonde moment because ICS could use it as his sig if I didn't.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

And the AFC CG in Cleveland when Mark Jackson caught the tying TD from Elway (in The Drive) absolutely had Broncos in the end zone when Mark Jackson spiked the ball between his legs. I couldn't find a picture either yet but whenever I see highlights from that game I think how funny it is (and gracious of Cleveland) to have put Broncos in one end zone.

If there was one NFC Championship game they could have done it for, it was 1996 when Green Bay hosted Carolina and new sod had to be put on the entire field after the Packers and 49ers had torn it up the week before in the rain and snow.

But they didn't. The end zones had the familiar stencil GREEN BAY and PACKERS, only not centered, but moved to the left with the NFL shield next to it.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

In watching footage of the 1977 AFC Championship game in Denver they had Raiders in blue and white in one end zone. In the 1973 NFC Championship game at Dallas they had Vikings in purple in one of the end zones. One more I can remember is in 1983 in LA they had Seahawks in one end zone.

minn.png

Nope, they did. And the same happened the next year if I recall, the Browns having an endzone in Mile High.

Just watch any highlight reel of "the Drive" and look at the endzones. One says Browns, the other says Broncos. I'd bet $100 that because when I was younger, it used to confuse the hell outta me where that game took place, with the Broncos in their orange crush jerseys for that game.

goin a little further back, to the pre-merger era, the 1966 NFL title game in Dallas, they had the Packers logo in one endzone.

and on the Browns/Broncos thing, one endzone in the "Drive" game did indeed read BRONCOS in the Browns' font.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I have this game on DVD, one end zone said broncos poorly painted over browns and the other said browns, the field was in such horrible shape it was very hard to read either one by the half. It is obvious they tried to use a background color for both but it looked more black than anything else. 1986 was the last time I can remember a home team doing that for a playoff game

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

goin a little further back, to the pre-merger era, the 1966 NFL title game in Dallas, they had the Packers logo in one endzone.

and on the Browns/Broncos thing, one endzone in the "Drive" game did indeed read BRONCOS in the Browns' font.

The Packers returned the favor in 67 (the Ice Bowl), although in those days, the Packers used to have diagonal lines on the ends of the end zone and the stenciled PACKERS in the middle - that was the south end zone. In the north, diagonal lines, and a white block in which the visiting team's nickname would be placed in a similar font. For the championship, the Packers added stars in the diagonal lines for the Cowboys, and G's in circles - NOT the helmet logo, but G's in circles - for the Packers, with an NFL logo at midfield replacing the yellow helmet G that was usually there.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

i think the 1983 afc title game in the l.a. coliseum both had silver endzones, one said "RAIDERS" and the other said "SEAHAWKS"

and wasn't the "other" ice-bowl in 1981 (afc), the bengals and chargers, devoid of ANY on field trappings, because paul brown didn't believe in that stuff?

tb

I remember back in the 70's and 80's for the conference championship games both team logos would be in the end zones. I think the most recent one was in 1986 Broncos and Browns. Anyone else remember this??

LOVE the signature man! FIGHT THE POWER! funny thing is yesterday i was thinking about doing something like that too!!

Archived