Roger's Centre

The Nation

Hi, I'm just wondering on the status of the Rogers Centre. I remember last year Paul Godfrey saying that they were going to make changes to the Rogers Centre each offseason, is there any news on any upgrades this year.

The rogers centre probably needs to upgrade the outfield walls and do something about the gap between the outfield walls and the stands, I think this is the only ball park that has a gap of this sort that stretches throughout the outfield.

Correct me if im wrong, thanks.

RFK Stadium in Washington is much worse than the Rogers Centre when it comes to the gap between the fence and the stands.

Chris would know much more than I would, but I think they're fixing the vendors this year.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Chris would know much more than I would, but I think they're fixing the vendors this year.

Oh great, the vendors are getting vasecomies?

They're selling nuts next year...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

They are renovating the decks concourse areas. IE removing the top 3 rows of seats to expand the floor, replace the lighting system to make it more...well...no long will you feel like your in a dungen. They are updating the food stalls, bathrooms, and just reorganizing it all and updating its look and just trying to make it feel more open. They are doing this for both levels...or is there 3 levels...I can't remember anymore.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Actually there are 5 levels of the stadium, but again you're from the 705 so I won't judge you too harshly :)

In addition to renovating the concourse on the 100 level, they have completely renovated all of the luxury boxes and are going to create a VIP lounge behind homeplate on the 200 level, where people can eat a buffet and watch the game.

Apparently next offseason will see changes to the outside of the stadium

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Actually there are 5 levels of the stadium, but again you're from the 705 so I won't judge you too harshly :)

In addition to renovating the concourse on the 100 level, they have completely renovated all of the luxury boxes and are going to create a VIP lounge behind homeplate on the 200 level, where people can eat a buffet and watch the game.

Apparently next offseason will see changes to the outside of the stadium

Actually im from the 416 (downtown Toronto), im just going to school out here in the 705 (Trent U). :P

I used to know alot about the Dome, I had gone on a tour or 2 back in the day, then I got bored of Baseball and forgot all about it. And while it may have 5 decks, the public is generally on 2 or 3 of them, the other 2 you will never see when baseball is going on there.

And your right about the changes to the outside, but what they could/will do is byond me. I kind of like the look right now of the gates, because they have the classic numbers on it and its a reminder of the glory days...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The numbers are the area codes in the Toronto area... 416 being Toronto, 705 being a bit northeast of Toronto, 905 would be the suburbs (dat's me!)

Renaming the stadium "Rogers SkyDome" would be an extremely poor business move by Rogers, everyone would ignore the "Rogers" part of it and just call it "SkyDome"... Rogers Centre aint as much fun, but I'm used to it, the media has gotten used to it, and the fans at the stadium are starting to get used to it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived