NHL teams who wore 3rd jersey in playoffs

Peter

IIRC,

Dallas wore their current home (green) sweaters in the playoffs when it was their 3rd jersey design...

yep.

dallas had such an awesome record wearing the green star-shaped jerseys in 98 and 99, that they decided to wear them for good luck in the 1999 playoffs (home jersey was still the white with black sleeves, black road jersey was dropped and replaced with alternate full-time), and eventually make them into the primary jerseys.

interesting fact about the stars current home jersey. it's one of the few jerseys in all of sports that has officially been listed as a home jersey, a road jersey, and an alternate jersey.

all we need next is for in about 30 years to wear it as a throwback, and we'll have just about every situation.

I know the Sens have worn their black alts a couple of times and if I think back I'm not sure but they may have worn their swoosh jersey before it (sadly) became the full time home.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

About the Dallas jersey, I know they wore the 3rd as the road the year they won the cup, and the next year they had the white version as their home, was this becuase of how well they did wearing the green jersey or was this planned before the cup run or was this that magic rule that I've heard about every now and again where if a team wins the stanley cup using an alternate jersey they have to change to that jersey the following season (which seems weird if you ask me)?

Also add the Sens red alt, Calgary horse head, Flyers black, Sharks current teal, and the Caps current road black to that list of home, road, and 3rd jerseys at one point or another in thier existance.

SEAsig.png

About the Dallas jersey, I know they wore the 3rd as the road the year they won the cup, and the next year they had the white version as their home, was this becuase of how well they did wearing the green jersey or was this planned before the cup run or was this that magic rule that I've heard about every now and again where if a team wins the stanley cup using an alternate jersey they have to change to that jersey the following season (which seems weird if you ask me)?

Also add the Sens red alt, Calgary horse head, Flyers black, Sharks current teal, and the Caps current road black to that list of home, road, and 3rd jerseys at one point or another in thier existance.

Yeah, the year the Flyers and Pens played in the opening round, the Flyers wore their 3rd jerseys (black).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Also add the Sens red alt,  Calgary horse head, Flyers black, Sharks current teal, and the Caps current road black to that list of home, road, and 3rd jerseys at one point or another in thier existance.

Yeah, the year the Flyers and Pens played in the opening round, the Flyers wore their 3rd jerseys (black).

They designated the black jersey as the permanent road jerseys during the playoffs once they introduced them. Once they came out, the orange jerseys never saw the light off day in postseason games.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

They designated the black jersey as the permanent road jerseys during the playoffs once they introduced them. Once they came out, the orange jerseys never saw the light off day in postseason games.

Interesting, I didn't know that, any info on why this was done?

SEAsig.png

The players liked them better than the orange jerseys. Plus they were insanely popular with the fans at the time. Ironically now, every wants the old orange jerseys back.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

The players liked them better than the orange jerseys. Plus they were insanely popular with the fans at the time. Ironically now, every wants the old orange jerseys back.

I know I may get hanged for this, but the old orange and current white and black ones look a bit dated. I wouldn't mind if they used the current third and based the white and black ones on that...

...but without the modern logo. Yuck.

And orange would be the primary home.

Archived