Providence College Concept

Redskins24

I like the design, it would fit in well with the other teams.

You should add some silver or grey as an accent color, those numbers and stripes look a little to plain. The silver/grey would also make a nice transition between the black and white.

TDZiMMB.png

The hooded Friar logo is my favorite. I'd like to see that on the helmets.

They should also use it on their hockey jerseys instead of the skating Blair Witch they use now.

mainescarf.png

The hooded Friar logo is my favorite. I'd like to see that on the helmets.

They should also use it on their hockey jerseys instead of the skating Blair Witch they use now.

happen to have a pic of this blair witch on skates???

Thanks a lot guys...yeah, I played with different helmets but I thought the shield looked the best...These are what you mentioned. I like the idea of having an all black helmet but unfortunetly the friar doesn't contrast very well.

Picture1.png

And here is the hockey logo.

Picture2.png

Thanks a lot guys...yeah, I played with different helmets but I thought the shield looked the best...These are what you mentioned. I like the idea of having an all black helmet but unfortunetly the friar doesn't contrast very well.

Picture1.png

And here is the hockey logo.

Picture2.png

Even though a black helmet would go good with this school, the white helmet is the best.

White helmet works best. It helps to break up the black a bit (which there's too much of).

Odd idea, but what about adding ice blue? (not powder, ice blue; something much lighter and more subtle than powder)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The hooded Friar logo is my favorite.  I'd like to see that on the helmets.

The hooded friar logo is the human equvilant of the Carolina Panther. A head on top of a triangle.

6501110-c.jpgCAR_346.gif

While the hockey friar is not the greatest logo out there, it is unique. It means more to the team because it wasn't developed by focus groups and Q-ratings in order to sell jerseys.

Picture2.png

The shield was actually used on the old football helmets believe it or not. I also stumbled across this page - .PC Football. I am not sure if that was intramural. The school hasn't had Div. 1 football since 1941. The men's baseball era, which started in 1923, was ended in 1999 over the infamous Title IX compliance. It sucks only having the basketball. It would have been interesting if the Pats had built their stadium in Providence, that would have been the only scenario - all funding aside - that PC would have a venue for a football team. Obviously without a skyrocketing tuition or wealthy endowments the return of either of these sports is a pipe dream for the time being.

The skating friar is one of my favorite logos out there today. Not only is "Friar" for a nickname unique, but this logo is just about alone in it's style (the only one that I've seen that's somewhat comparable is the Minnesota Golden Gopher's old-school skating gopher logo...sorry, I don't have a pic). I started going to those PC hockey games when I was 3, and now that I'm in Montana, seeing that logo makes me insta-homesick. I can't think of a cooler logo, really. But...perhaps I'm slightly biased...

I think it looks great, and I would keep the sheild for the helmet. Very sharp and intimidating.

The only thing I would change would be the Broncos style piping. I don't think it looks bad, but I guess I got a bad taste for it after so many colleges used it recently. Oddly enough I still like the Broncos unis though.

You could just do a single thick stripe on the pants. Also, I think it would look good if you added a white belt to the black set.

The shield was actually used on the old football helmets believe it or not. I also stumbled across this page - .PC Football. I am not sure if that was intramural. The school hasn't had Div. 1 football since 1941.  The men's baseball era, which started in 1923, was ended in 1999 over the infamous Title IX compliance.  It sucks only having the basketball.  It would have been interesting if the Pats had built their stadium in Providence, that would have been the only scenario - all funding aside - that PC would have a venue for a football team. Obviously without a skyrocketing tuition or wealthy endowments the return of either of these sports is a pipe dream for the time being.

thats why i hate title IX most schools now have more womens sports then mens...it schould be a even # for both genders

Archived