Arsenal concept

gordie_delini

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do the Timbers have a new shirt sponsor? I dig hoops as a general rule, but I don't think they work for the Timbers, as they're the opposite of what's in their logo. (Though, I suppose technically the stripes in the logo are curved, and I wouldn't want to see that, I don't think.)

With DC United, I think you've committed what DCU supporters would consider a complete blasphemous sin: taking the three stripes off the front. The sash also looks somewhat awkward on the whites.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

With DC United, I think you've committed what DCU supporters would consider a complete blasphemous sin:  taking the three stripes off the front.

Well first off, there's no way Nike would allow their shirts to be branded with a rival company. This has me thinking. What happens when Adidas' sponsorship deal runs out and MLS decides not to renew? Nice work by the way Gordie.

Yeah, I knew that'd be brought up. And, while three stripes is adidas's signature look, DCU fans have grown very attached to the stripes across the front, from what I can tell.

This blog entry is merely one man's opinion, but one that I've heard echoed by others as well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As for the timbers, they haven't got a new sponsor, but since Valencia is also toyota, i wanted to do a new shirt sponsor. HealthNet is an actual team sponsor, so i just put their logo on the kits. I agree the hoops may not be best, but verticle stripes just don't work for the timbers with that logo.

As for DC, i agree with you both. I tried to play with stripes on the front, but using the three stripes would be a copyright infringement for nike. So i went away from that. I was really disappointed not being able to use that for DC. In this case, I really think DC should stick to Adidas. I agree with all of your comments on those, Mockba. Any ideas to improve upon this without stealing the three stripes?

OD_Signature.jpg

Oxford United:

Oxford-new-tech.gif

Thank you, thank you, thank you. These look amazing, (aside from the all-black away but that's OUFC's fault, not yours). I couldn't find any pictures of jersy backs, so I'm really impressed by the number styling there.

As for DC United, I think your update works well enough on the 3-stripes without being blatantly adidas

Just getting back on this thread. 2 pages late. Thanks so much for the Norwich City concept. Beautiful Home kit and I still LLLooove the away look. Looking at the rest, and the swoop design works better than many of the swoop looks that nike has come up with for other sports uniforms. Nice work!

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Archived