Should Super Bowl be rotated

brinkeguthrie

Buffalo is only slightly more of a possibilty. And by slightly, I mean "If there were only two NFL stadiums, Buffalo would be picked". It's not QUITE as cold as Green Bay, and there would be enough hotels for the reporters to stay in, although the fans would likely have to go to Toronto or Batavia or Rochester or somewhere.

Are you forgetting the six-gajillion hotels in Niagara Falls? Much closer than any of the places you named, plus plenty of entertainment to keep fans occupied.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St. Louis deserves a chance at the Super Bowl. It just had a succesful final four and a relatively new stadium. If Detroit got a chance to do it, StL should.

And cold weather super bowl would be good, but I dont see the NFL doing it.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

One of the main problems would be practice facilities; both teams would have to have indoor facilities. In the case of a Green Bay SB, one team could use the Packers' facilities but the other team would probably have to use the Wisconsin facilities or practice at Miller Park in Milwaukee. As for hotels, that would be a problem, but when you factor in anything within an hour's drive - Door County, Manitowoc, Appleton-Oshkosh - it would work.

The NFC title game was held in Green Bay in 1996, and while that doesn't quite match up with a Super Bowl, everybody seemed to get along fine. And Lambeau Field, with its facilities in the Atrium, would provide a lot of additional opportunities that aren't present in other stadia.

There are two arenas and an expo hall a block away that would provide room for the corporate types to be indoors.

In addition, the area is used to a big convention; every year the Experimental Aircraft Association holds its annual event in Oshkosh which drew 770,000 in 2003 (the last year I have a number for). Admittedly, that's during the summer and a lot of visitors camp out, but the area can handle the crowds.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

I think the Super Bowl should definitely rotate. It's not fair to the other NFL cities who never get the revenue and exposure that comes with the SB. Football is meant to be played in the elements...it is for the first 17 weeks plus playoffs, so why not the SB? If a team like the Colts loses "because of the elements", they don't deserve to win anyway.

I think the Super Bowl should definitely rotate. It's not fair to the other NFL cities who never get the revenue and exposure that comes with the SB. Football is meant to be played in the elements...it is for the first 17 weeks plus playoffs, so why not the SB? If a team like the Colts loses "because of the elements", they don't deserve to win anyway.

I think you are a bit confused. The way rotation is said in this aspect is to have a set of 4 locations and 2 wild card years in a 6 year rotation.

I live near Detroit and grew up in Pittsburgh so having the Super Bowl in Motown this year was great, but after seeing all of the money the city and the Ford's(owners of the Lions) pulled in for hosting the game pushed me towards the every NFL city should get it once idea. Sunday was great football weather and watching a game in Ford Field even with 60,000 Steeler fans was like sitting in a mall, I have been to alot of football games in bad weather and if you dress for it your fine.

Archived