Should Super Bowl be rotated

brinkeguthrie

No I say its time to bring it north and in the ellements imagina  Super Bowl on the Frozen Tundra.

That would be awesome, and the ppl there would imbrace it and the atmosphere would be amazing. But the city's tiny, there's nothing to do not that many hotels. Realistically I cant see it happening but it'd be fun!

Same would happen in Buffalo/Orchard Park There is one small tiny Motel near the stadium most of the visitors would have to go the city (About 1/2 hr. away)and most of the week long activities would happen in the downtown area. Jacksonville dosen't have many hotels and they hosted it. I think they got a cruise ship in the harbor and used it as a hotel. And I think a city named Green BAY or Buffalo could do the same if they get the ships there before it freezes

saBS.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I won't rest until we see a Super Bowl in snowy Foxboro. B)

Amen to that! Some of the best games have been played in the cold and the snow. New England (snow), Green Bay (ice), Buffalo,(blizzard) Chicago (fog), Cleveland, Pittsburgh (wind), Cincinnati,(deep freeze) Denver (thin air)...they have all had cold weather and still have manged to have some of the most memorable games in football history.

So they too should all have a chance to host the Super Bowl.

About the only thing I can think of that might be tricky is the half-time performances, because let's be honest- if Janet Jacksone tried to pull that stunt in New England, Justin Tiberlake would be sporting an eyepatch.

The point is, foul weather is an element of football. Just once I'd like to see a freak downpour and windstorm break out durring one of these pampered southern Super Bowls. Something that make the game into a messy, muddy, fight in the rain. So long as I'm dreaming make it a snow squal.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Florida is a Red State  :D

Oh and if you take our blue states can we have Alberta? :flagusa:

I didn't mean "Florida" in its present existence.

After the divorce, the southeastern counties - Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade - will secede from the "Alabama/Georgia Far South" part of Florida and become Canadamerica's exclave! We're actively looking to rename it after the divorce is final. Estelle Getty and Bea Arthur will be named the Parliamenators (the new hybrid US Senator/Canadian MP). :lol:

Of course, you can't use Florida either... how about South Georgiabama?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If there must be rotation, it should operate like the selection of MLB All-Star Game sites. This way the league can use the game to show off the new stadiums in the league. What I would be against is terrible stadiums hosting the game (Metrodome and Candlestick/3Com/Monster come to mind).

VmWIn6B.png

I think every team should get a chance to host the Super Bowl. Lambeau Field is one of the most famous (if not THE most famous) stadium in football. But they will never be able to host the biggest game of the year. No team could really complain about the weather though. I remember last year the Jaguars beat the Packers at Lambeau in the middle of December. Also Atlanta (a dome team) beat the Packers in a playoff game a few year ago.

If there must be rotation, it should operate like the selection of MLB All-Star Game sites. This way the league can use the game to show off the new stadiums in the league. What I would be against is terrible stadiums hosting the game (Metrodome and Candlestick/3Com/Monster come to mind).

right. like the NFL would love to showcase their big game in a TOILET like a rusty, aging,decrepit Niners stadium.

Gee, did I miss any appropriate descriptors?

I say they should have this rotation:

Year 1: New Orleans

Year 2: Miami

Year 3: NFC Wild Card (A city that has a NFC franchise that is not in the normal rotation)

Year 4: AFC Wild Card (AFC city not in normal rotation)

Year 5: Tampa Bay

Year 6: Los Angeles/Southern California (if it's a AFC city, if it's not a AFC city, then flip LA with Tampa Bay)

I can say with near certainty that there will never, EVER, be a Super Bowl in Green Bay because it would be too freaking cold and most of the reporters and fans arriving would probably have to be sent to Milwaukee for room and board.

Buffalo is only slightly more of a possibilty. And by slightly, I mean "If there were only two NFL stadiums, Buffalo would be picked". It's not QUITE as cold as Green Bay, and there would be enough hotels for the reporters to stay in, although the fans would likely have to go to Toronto or Batavia or Rochester or somewhere.

New England would likely work... if there was a dome.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I think every team should get a chance to host the Super Bowl. Lambeau Field is one of the most famous (if not THE most famous) stadium in football. But they will never be able to host the biggest game of the year. No team could really complain about the weather though. I remember last year the Jaguars beat the Packers at Lambeau in the middle of December. Also Atlanta (a dome team) beat the Packers in a playoff game a few year ago.

I, too, would like to see the Super Bowl at Lambeau.

But does Green Bay have enough hotels for a Super Bowl? If not, I guess they could commute from Milwaukee or closer towns.

Year 3: NFC Wild Card (A city that has a NFC franchise that is not in the normal rotation)

Year 6: Los Angeles/Southern California (if it's a AFC city, if it's not a AFC city, then flip LA with Tampa Bay)

I can say with near certainty that there will never, EVER, be a Super Bowl in Green Bay because it would be too freaking cold and most of the reporters and fans arriving would probably have to be sent to Milwaukee for room and board.

Buffalo is only slightly more of a possibilty. And by slightly, I mean "If there were only two NFL stadiums, Buffalo would be picked". It's not QUITE as cold as Green Bay, and there would be enough hotels for the reporters to stay in, although the fans would likely have to go to Toronto or Batavia or Rochester or somewhere.

I like this idea, along the lines of my original one, yet it makes it fair among NFC and AFC.

Aw, come on ... the Grey Cup is routinely played in Regina or Winnipeg or Edmonton in the dead of November ... that makes it all the more interesting! Seriously, when you've gone through a whole Thermos® full of hot chocolate and vodka by the middle of the second quarter, how can you not be having fun? :D  :flagcanada:

well, Canada doesn't have much of a choice on having a warm weather site. Toronto is about as far south as Grey Cup's go in Canada, am I correct?

I believe there was one Grey Cup game played in Baltimore during the U.S. expansion days,

Definately not :P The 1996 game was awarded to Baltimore but when the Browns went there the Stallions headed for Montreal, and the game was moved to Hamilton.

Baltimore supported that team, was a shame to lose that city.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

And what about Arizona? We have a facility that would fit the bill.

And what about Arizona? We have a facility that would fit the bill.

Arizona would fit into the "NFC Wild Card" position

It would be fantastic. The coldest I have ever been in my life was the AFC title game last year in Pittsburgh. Sitting there, freezing in the 5th deck of the open end on the river, by myself, watching the Pats win the AFC was priceless. One of the reasons I don't like the Lions is because they sold out and built another dome to get a Super Bowl. Screw it.

spikes.jpg

If Las Vegas went and built a state-of-the-art stadium (as Sam Boyd Stadium is way too small), would having the Super Bowl in Vegas be acceptable? They certainly have the money available to build and maintain a proper facility, and I imagine would include a dome for really hot weather.

The Rose Bowl, and Stanford have both hosted Super Bowls even though neither site is home to an NFL team so it would not be the first time a non-NFL city hosted the game. Plus unlike say Jacksonville, the city has plenty to do, plenty of hotel space, and perfect weather for football in January.

Right now Vegas is home to Arena Football's championship for at least the next three years, although they do have a franchise in Las Vegas Gladiators. Or is the sports gambling too close to the action to host a game?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

If Las Vegas went and built a state-of-the-art stadium (as Sam Boyd Stadium is way too small), would having the Super Bowl in Vegas be acceptable? They certainly have the money available to build and maintain a proper facility, and I imagine would include a dome for really hot weather.

The Rose Bowl, and Stanford have both hosted Super Bowls even though neither site is home to an NFL team so it would not be the first time a non-NFL city hosted the game. Plus unlike say Jacksonville, the city has plenty to do, plenty of hotel space, and perfect weather for football in January.

Well, Not quite. At the time the NFL had 1 or 2 LA teams and the NFL has a San Francisco team. The Super Bowl has always been played in a metro area with an NFL team. Right now the Rose Bowl is not allowed to host a Super Bowl because there in no LA team.

Even if that rule didn't exist and Las Vegas built a stadium big enough (which would be foolish as the city or whoever builds it would loose a ton of money on it) the Super Bowl won't be coming to Las Vegas. The City of Las Vegas isn't even allowed to advertise during the Super Bowl. When NBC broadcast the game they might not even be allowed to promote their show Las Vegas (if it is still on the air). LV will never host a Super Bowl.

Archived