Best logo in sports?!?

vicfurth

I honestly don't think that a poll is should apply. Besides, haven't we had this type of discussion many times before? And, there are SO MANY logos out there. Some will like a logo because of the history of the club or some other special attachment to the club.

My favourite logo(s) are the Essendon Bombers and the Minnesota Wild. I just like their designs!

I saw, I came, I left.

<---------

There is no question that the Winged Wheel of the Detroit Redwings is the best.  It has the Red Wing for the nickname sake and it's attached to the wheel of a car for the location-read Motor City home of the automobile!  Perfect blend of both of the two important aspects of the team's identity.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

I agree with avenger. Its a worthwhile topic to discuss every now and again, but a poll is kinda pointless really, as there are what 4 choices in the poll, a max of 10, that can't possibly be inclusiove enough, given we could choose out  of hundreds or thousands for a topic like this.

And I reckon the Wild logo is up there with the best as well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Rather than a poll, perhaps a better route to take would be to create a sticky topic "IYHO - The Best Logo Ever."  People who feel like engaging in the debate will have a convenient place to go and won't clog the board with an array of polls and separate threads.

I recognize that too many stickies will also create clogging issues, but I think this is a big enough issue to warrant a spot.

Archived