A.C. Milan Mascotte

Dave Ship

MILAN'S MASCOT UNVEILED

2/16/2006

A.C. Milan?s new mascot was unveiled today. The mascot, whose name is ?Milanello?, was dreamt up by the creative minds at Warner Bros. Consumer Products, the same company that created greats such as Bugs Bunny and Willy Coyote. The idea of the new mascot came from old posters, tickets and various Milan memorabilia from around the world. ?Milanello? has a smiling red face and is wearing Milan?s jersey.Chief executive Adriano Galliani and Warner Bros. Consumer Products Italy general manager Maurizio Distefano were at the press conference to introduce the Rossoneri's new mascot. Striker Alberto Gilardino was also amongst those there to welcome the spunky new member of the Rossoneri family. ?He was inspired by the American sports mascot,? said Galliani. ?His name was chosen because it is already recognizable and it?s easy to pronounce even in America and in South America.? He could even be made into an animated cartoon someday in the future. He is expect to represent 50% of the future merchandising that is licensed by Warner Bros,? continued the Galliani. Di Stefano added: ?He is a modern mascot, but he also respects the tradition of Milan. He is dynamic, wants to win and score. Proud and strong, there is determination on his face. He is not a static design, he is mascot that can come to life.? ?Milanello? will make his debut on February 18, ahead of the league game between Milan and Cagliari at the San Siro. Milan?s new mascot will also appear in Rio De Janiro?s Carnival parade and in the closing ceremony for the Milan Park in Brazil.

3170newsjpg0uw.gif

Looks like something Warner Bros. would cook up, but I thought reminds me a bit of of the cartoon character Hotstuff.

The mascot, whose name is ?Milanello?, was dreamt up by the creative minds at Warner Bros. Consumer Products, the same company that created greats such as Bugs Bunny and Willy Coyote.

Looks like something Warner Bros. would cook up, but I thought reminds me a bit of of the cartoon character Hotstuff.

The mascot, whose name is ?Milanello?, was dreamt up by the creative minds at Warner Bros. Consumer Products, the same company that created greats such as Bugs Bunny and Willy Coyote.

Except they DID NOT create Hotstuff- That character along with many other characters (including Casper) were created by Harvey Entertainment and released by Paramount Pictures.

I was saying that while the character looks similar traits to something out of their cartoon division, the mascot as a whole looked like a character taken from someone else's property.

http://www.classicmedia.tv/harvey/characters/hotstuff.html

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

geez, who gave AC Milan the inspiration for that? Manchester United? :therock:

I was thinking the same exact thing. I guess European soccer's going through a CFL Rough Riders/Roughriders conundrum.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived