Jersey Tailoring

Moser316

At the end of last season, I bought an authentic Brewers home jersey at a nice discount. It fits me perfectly in the arms, shoulders, chest, and mid-section, but it's way too long. I've always worn my jerseys untucked, so this creates a bit of a problem, since I'm only 5'8" on a good day. My stature means that wearing it untucked makes me look like I have stumps for legs.

What I want to know is if anybody else has run into this problem and what they were able to do about it (short of saying ":censored: it" and walking on stilts). I've been thinking of getting it tailored, but after calling my local Brewers Clubhouse Store, they said they don't do that. I'm considering calling the team and seeing if they can put me in touch with the Brewers equipment manager, maybe they could point me in the right direction. I'm hesitant to taking it into a professional tailor, since it's such an unorthodox request (I'd have to have it tailored and transplant the MLB Authentic Apparel tag above the new hem). Any other suggestions on what I should do?

QPR%20Sig.png

I'd take it to a professional tailor and explain what you want. You should be able to get a good feeling if they understand what you want and are able to "think outside the box". Just be sure to explain exactly what you expect it to look like when you are done. If they are hesitant or just don't seem to get it, try another place.

I've taken jerseys into pro tailors before and had oversized jeresys taken down a size with no problems. Shortening the length should be simple for them compared to that.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

If you're gonig to go the tailoring route, I've got a tailor in Waukesha that my wife uses. She's short (5'2") and takes her clothes there. Yeah, I know it isn't the same, but if you're looking for someone, it's a start.

It's where I sit.

How about tucking just the bottom edge of the jersey into your pants? The rest of the jersey would still hang down over you, but some of the excess would be underneath it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

It seems like it would fall out easily if Moser were to sit down, bend down, swivel his body in any direction, etc. Unless you're talking about more than just the edge of the jersey.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived