Cowboys blue jersey

puckcool22

Why do the cowboys never where their amazing blue jerseys???

They look so much better than their white ones.  I'm not gonna even go into the different silvers and whites...

Dark blue with a more grayish silver is much better rather than a weird greenish sorta silver with a royal blue.  Somehow the helmet seems to match both.  Dark blue/silver is an amazingly cool combo, they need to break it out more.

ne one agree or have any official reasons they only where white

signature.gif

I agree that the blue cowboys unis look pretty cool. In response I think that the answer is that the Cowboys regard there white unis as there first choice. I believe I am right that essentially the home team gets to chose which uni to wear (white or colored) and the cowboys choose white, whereas most teams pick there colored shirt. I guess its tradition as much as anything.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I have always wondered why teams use different shades of the same color. Are they blind? The blue Dallas uses on its whites is not the navy on their helmet. That's why I agree that those navy jerseys are the way for them to go. How about changing the whites to have a dark blue instead of the true blue?

As far as whites and all that goes in the NFL, does anyone else think teams wearing whites all the time is ridiculous? The NFL should mandate one way or another that the teams all wear white for home, dark for away or vice versa. Just get some uniformity going on.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

they used to, and i asked about this on canis' board(also with a question about why the league mandated that all teams have a white jersey).  here was the answer i got:

it appears that 1957 was the year that the nfl mandated the use of one team wearing white jerseys. the rams were the last non-white jersey team when they made the switch from yellow to white. also, the 49ers may have been the last team to not have a white jersey. in 1956 they appeared to only have their red jersey. no documentation shows them in white before 1957.

regarding wearing white at home, it appears that all nfl teams wore their darks at home from 1957 thru 1963. in 64 the colts, rams, cowboys and browns wore white at home. the vikings and cardinals also may have worn white at home in 64 on occasion.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's almost busch league to just have uniform anarchy like they do. The problems they had in San Diego earlier in the season (San Diego, being the home team picked white for this particular game before the season, the road team-can't remember who-decided to only bring white anyway causing the Chargers to go into a frenzy to get out their blues) wouldn't ever happen if they would just make a rule setting up one as the home and one as the road.

Tagliabooboo, it's time to do something worthwhile.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

The NFL is never going to mandate a lockstep uniform color policy for home and road.  Jersey choice is considered part of having home field advantage and is an NFL tradition.  It's one of those things that distinguishes the NFL from the other sports.  In the NFL teams only play one game a week (ok you smartypants out there so some teams will occasionally play more than one game a week if they are on Thursday or Monday, but you know what I mean  :P ), so it's a lot easier for the visiting team to bring the right uniforms to the game (except, for some strange reason, the Broncos).  You don't have that luxury in baseball where you can be on the road for weeks at a time or even basketball and hockey where there are extended road trips as well.  It's not such a hardship to force a football team to bring one uniform set or the other to a game rather than to make a baseball team bring all of its uni's on the road.

The NFL is never going to mandate a lockstep uniform color policy for home and road. Jersey choice is considered part of having home field advantage and is an NFL tradition. It's one of those things that distinguishes the NFL from the other sports.

The league allows the home team to pick the color of jerseys. as part of the homefield advantage.

Most times in September, the Arizona Cardinals will wear white at home and force the visitors to wear the dark colors in the heat.  As do the Florida teams.

The Cowboys as tradition "HATE" their blue jerseys and prefer to wear the white jerseys at home.  Thus going on the road they will also wear white because the home team picks the dark color.   The exception is when the Cowboys go to Washington, the Redskins always wear white to force the Cowboys to wear Blue.  I believe it is an old deep rooted superstition that the Cowpokes have and thus prefer not to wear the "semi-evil" blue jerseys.

Not to get all nostalgic on you guys here, but the best looking jersey the Cowboys EVER wore was the early-80s vintage blue. The basic scheme was a negative of the home white, except that the numbers were three color (silver-blue-white). No stupid stars on the sleeves. No white-blue-white numbers. And it was sweet to see Dexter Manley "clean (Danny White's) clock" in the title game in RFK that year!

:D

tpoh, I believe the blue jerseys that you speak of were worn right up until 1994, when the first of the double-star jerseys appeared (the ones on the shoulders that were updates of the 1960s version).

The reason the Cowboys started wearing white at home was because their original owner, Tex Schramm, wanted the fans in Dallas to see all of the different colors the other teams wore. He didn't want it to be blue vs. white every game.

Over time, yes, there is a belief among Cowboys fans that the blue jerseys are cursed, and if you look back at history, it's true they tend to lose when wearing blue. So they never choose to wear it. Always white. (Those double-star jerseys are just as bad... who knows why they want to wear a jersey -- or an update --that's a throwback to a winless season.) Oh well.

i dunno, my favorites of the bunch were the 94 doublestars.  i got an idea, why don't they just have half teh home games in blue and the other half in white...that would have been a better idea.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I don't like the Cowboys design. They have a good basis with their helmet, pants, and white jersey, but it all needs major tweaks.

I believe they have these as their official colors...

Royal Blue

Navy Blue

Mettalic Silver

Mettalic Silver Green

And though it appears as outlines on the two Royal stripes on the white jersey, I don't belive they list black as an official color.

PANTONE?

Actually, I've broken down the Cowboys' colors this way in my database:

Home Uniform Colors: Royal Blue (Jersey Numerals, Stripes), Metallic Silver Green (Pants), White; Black (Sleeve Stripes Trim)

Road Uniform Colors: Navy Blue (Jersey Primary Color), Silver (Pants), White

Helmet Colors: Metallic Silver Blue (Primary Color), Navy Blue (Helmet Decals), White; Gray (Facemask Only)

See why this needs to change?

Just curious, why are the pants considered "Metallic Silver Green"?

I know their official colors list "Metallic Silver Blue" ... just curious what the difference is? I always thought the helmet and those pants were the same.

it's very confusing.  apparently no one told em a greenish silver, a bluish silver and straight up silver are NOT the same color.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived