Chicago Cubs

snetsrak43

You can't use Arial Black for names and numbers, man. It looks like you went into WordArt on MS Word and forgot to pick the typeface you wanted. Overall, it's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but cursive doesn't work for the Cubs. Hey, all-blue hat. See, you did something well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You can't use Arial Black for names and numbers, man. It looks like you went into WordArt on MS Word and forgot to pick the typeface you wanted. Overall, it's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but cursive doesn't work for the Cubs. Hey, all-blue hat. See, you did something well.

I just was looking for a simple font. I don't know if there is one that matches their current font, but something elaborate just wouldn't work with Cubs.

brianurlacher.png

Good work, but as a cubs fan I'm gonna have to shoot this concept down. It would maybe be a slight upgrade from their navy blue BPs (why they use navy, I have no clue), but as in-game alternates, no thanks. Just not feelin it.

6uXNWAo.png

Good work, but as a cubs fan I'm gonna have to shoot this concept down. It would maybe be a slight upgrade from their navy blue BPs (why they use navy, I have no clue), but as in-game alternates, no thanks. Just not feelin it.

I just desire for them to get rid of their current Blue Alternates. I love the pinstripe, lve the gray, hate the current blues.

brianurlacher.png

g'day mate! wait, this is baseball...you confused me a little, AFL teams use the similar Helvetica for numbers (aside from the Kangaroos, who use Impact)...anyways, yeah, not really feelin it but it's a good start.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Meh.

While the Cubs could look OK in cursive script, using it the year after the other team in town won a World Series wearing a script "Chicago" for more than a decade is an idea destined to fail because of horrible timing.

As for the font, not only is Arial a bad way to go, but you really ought to think about cleaning up the edges of your work. As a fellow MSPaint user, the hardest thing about using it is making concepts that don't look like they were made with MSPaint. Part of the way to accomplish that is clean edges, which you don't have.

Yeah, it takes time, but on these boards you're setting yourself up for having your concept cut to ribbons if you don't sweat the details. Many pairs of sharp eyes pore over concepts looking for minute errors, you have to put in the time and do the same. Every little detail matters.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived