Looking to buy a jersey...

steiny_ramone

I'm saving up to buy an NHL jersey (probably nash or ovechkin) and I was just wondering if an authentic jersey is worth the extra $100+. I own 3 replica jerseys already but if an authentic is worth it, I'll get an authentic. Just wondering what you guys think.

I recall Cole posted either here or at DMHN about a Stars authentic he bought during the lockout...he mentioned it was "damn near indestructible." heh, if you got the cash for an authentic, go authentic B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm saving up to buy an NHL jersey (probably nash or ovechkin) and I was just wondering if an authentic jersey is worth the extra $100+. I own 3 replica jerseys already but if an authentic is worth it, I'll get an authentic. Just wondering what you guys think.

Definitely go autnentic if you can afford it. I can send you some comparison photos if you'd like to see detail, I have 7 Blackhawks and one Toronto Belfour authentics that I have bought over the years, as well as many replicas. The material is a lot thicker, and as one other poster said, indestructable. I'm really picky about my jerseys, and I take really good care of them, but you can tell that they are made very well. Also the patches on authentics blow the replica patches away. Post your email, and if you'd like I'll send you the comparison photos between replica and authentic!

I only buy Authentics. I snagged my "Vintage" Leafs one on a screw which actually pulled some threading out, and when I cut that piece off, the jersey somehow mended itself, leaving no hole or anything, but when you look closely at the area, you can see a vertical line from where there used to be thread. They are wicked, will take a lickin, and keep on kickin!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

If you can get it customized authenticially, getting a replica is probably the most cost-efficient way to go, especially in hockey. The difference in replica to authentic is much less in hockey than in other sports, especially baseball. If you can afford the all out authentic, go for that, but if you are tight on cash, getting a replica and having it customized authenticially still will produce a great looking jersey.

Maybe you should go to a store that sells these things and look at a replica and an authentic. You will notice a difference, but only you can decide whether that difference is worth a hundred bucks.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I own a replica jersey of Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning, but if you want my honest opinion, compare the cost of an authentic jersey with the cost of a replica jersey.

I also own an authentic Arena Football League jersey of the Albany Firebirds that I purchased almost six years ago prior to the 7/23/2000 game against the Orlando Predators. Prior to that day, I never owned an authentic Arena jersey. The $120 I paid for the jersey was well worth it.

If you can afford an authentic jersey, then go for it, but a replica jersey will do just as well.

LEONARD WEIRICH

SILVER SPRING MD

GO CAPS!!!

If you can get it customized authenticially, getting a replica is probably the most cost-efficient way to go, especially in hockey. The difference in replica to authentic is much less in hockey than in other sports, especially baseball. If you can afford the all out authentic, go for that, but if you are tight on cash, getting a replica and having it customized authenticially still will produce a great looking jersey.

There is a GREAT difference between authentics and replicas in hockey. The difference is stiched on crests and shoulder logos and glued on pieces of nylon. I have never trusted the glued on crests, especially how alot of them seem to be peeling in the first place.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'll tell you authentic any day of the week, as I've always thought replicas were a waste of money, but, keep in mind that the NHL is going to have a complete overhaul of its sweaters for next year, and whatever you get will be out of date almost immediatly... You may want to wait until they sell these at a discount when the new styles come out, or you may want to wait for the new styles. Just something to consider.

Moose

I'd say go with Rick Nash, he just signed an extension this season (I beleive) and I think their 3rd Jerseys look sharp. I have a replica and its one of the classiest looking jersey I have (I also own the Predators and Stars 3rd Jerseys, so that tells you my taste might be off!). The main reason is all the Capitals redesign talk. If its not next season, it will be the season after they get new jerseys. I would guess after the change does happen you could get a current style Alex jersey somewhat cheap on ebay.

Just my thoughts.

SEAsig.png

Isn't the difference between a replica and authentic NHL jersey the Fighting strap and the crest on the bottom corner of the back of the jersey? I own two authentic Nike jerseys, and I've never seen a replica jersey with both the official crest on the bottom and a fighting strap.

I'll tell you authentic any day of the week, as I've always thought replicas were a waste of money, but, keep in mind that the NHL is going to have a complete overhaul of its sweaters for next year, and whatever you get will be out of date almost immediatly... You may want to wait until they sell these at a discount when the new styles come out, or you may want to wait for the new styles. Just something to consider.

Moose

The NHL will not be undergoing an overhaul of their jerseys for next season. The GM's voted down the proposed designs and Reebok is working on another series of designs in hopes of a 2007/2008 implementation date.

Archived