Kirby Puckett Sleeve Patch?

DhruvK

Anyone know if the Twins have any plans to introduce a Puckett sleeve patch for part or all of this season?

If they don't, it would be the biggest snub ever.

I'm gonna go ahead and say they will have the patch once the season starts for real. I'm guessing either "34" or initials inside a black circle. Hopefully it will be more elaborate.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Is his number retired at the Metrodome? If not I would think that would encourage them to do that as well.

His number is in fact already retired. Also, the Metrodome's address is 34 Kirby Puckett Place. I think it's safe to say they'll have a patch or decal all season.

pink_floyd_poster_back_covers.jpg

brewers3.png

If you watch the US team in the WBC, they have a black band on their sleeve. I assume its for Puckett, since they didn't have it during the scrimage game over the weekend.

If the US team honors him, I'm certain that his team will as well.

kom22

According to today's StarTribune, a state senator said he's received calls from constituents who want a new stadium to be named after Puckett.

Not sure that will happen, but it would be interesting to see if Puckett's death reinvigorates any stadium discussions. He could save the franchise.

According to today's St. Paul Pioneer Press, the Twins will be dedicating the season to Puck, and will can"Expect to see a lot of Kirby Puckett reminders around the Metrodome this season."

so yes, they will be having sleeve patches, signs, etc.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/s...ll/14043118.htm

They couldn't make a better patch than the design in my signature. It's perfect.

Good job HatCityEnforcer.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived