Baylor's road basketball uniforms

doafhat

I'm watching Baylor play Colorado in the Big 12 tournament right now, and I've come to the conclusion that the Bears have got to have one of the least-TV friendly uniforms in college basketball. Their road uniforms are black with very dark green numbers and very thin gold trim, making it pretty difficult for anyone watching on TV to identify the players. I watched Baylor play here in Stillwater last weekend, and the dark green-on-black numbers aren't nearly as bad when you see them up close (I'm a student and have floor seats), but they're pretty illegible when viewed from far away.

F149138.jpg

These uniforms replaced the gold-on-black road uni's from last season for the Bears:

02.jpg

Wait until you see Albany's uniforms.  I don't have a picture readily available but in 2004 (I tihnk) they had black uni's with purple lettering and numbers outlined in gold.  yick.

ALB-Lucious_Jordan05.jpg

Is this what you're talking about?

Just because you share similar school colors to the University of Oregon, doesn't mean you can look like Oregon.  Leave the ugliness to one school only... and leave it to the school whose best at it.

But Baylor DOESN'T have to look like Oregon.

The football team uses metallic gold instead of athletic gold ("yellow"). No other Division I-A school [EDIT: except Colorado State, UAB and USF... thanks, Avenger] uses dark green and metallic gold (Notre Dame on occasion... no one confuses them, I hope). Why they choose to go with athletic gold over metallic gold is odd. Further confusing things is why they use so much black. When your principal color is a very dark green, why add the darkest color available to you as a complement color?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The football team uses metallic gold instead of athletic gold ("yellow").  No other Division I-A school uses dark green and metallic gold (Notre Dame on occasion... no one confuses them, I hope).  Why they choose to go with athletic gold over metallic gold is odd.

What's even stranger is that while Baylor's men's basketball team wears athletic gold, the women's team wears vegas gold. Meanwhile the baseball and softball teams both use athletic gold.

01-blackmon-hook-lg.jpg

No other Division I-A school uses dark green and metallic gold...

...except for Colorado State, UA Birmingham, and USF, off the top of my head.

Crap, crap, crap...

Clearly I wasn't thinking. Apologies for my lack of smartitude. (And my uncle went to CSU, so I definitely knew better.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The football team uses metallic gold instead of athletic gold ("yellow").  No other Division I-A school uses dark green and metallic gold (Notre Dame on occasion... no one confuses them, I hope).  Why they choose to go with athletic gold over metallic gold is odd.

What's even stranger is that while Baylor's men's basketball team wears athletic gold, the women's team wears vegas gold. Meanwhile the baseball and softball teams both use athletic gold.

01-blackmon-hook-lg.jpg

the women's uni's look a thousand times better!

Archived