Liverpool 2006/07 kit?

zjac7

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inevitable with Adidas I guess, but I've never liked the tri-stripe shoulder tops. I prefer Liverpool in solid red. The gold? Well, could be hard on the eyes in person but it looks cool on a web page.. :)

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Someone working for adidas confimed on a LFC forum I read that those images are accurate apart from the sponsors logo. Negotiations over the sponsorship are ongoing which will probably delay the shirt's release for sale until August :(

liverpool-1.png

it's kinda cool to see Liverpool transition back to adidas, they used their stuff for a while in the 80s and early 90s IIRC. and even back then they had the three shoulder stripes, so...

at least they're not trying to put a lot of white on those new 'hourglass' trim pieces. it'll probably look really clean in person.

and the yellow home is a bit weird combined with the red trim, but they traditionally swap between yellow and white alternate jerseys, and it's time for them to bring in a new yellow jersey. I wonder what the third jersey is going to be, because it's going to have to be a new adidas kit too...(maybe black?)

harperdc.gif

Apparently there isn't going to be a normal third jersey next season. The third jerseys are only really needed anyway when we have a white away strip because of the clash with teams who wear red/white stripes.

Yellow avoids any clashes in the EPL.

There is apparently going to be another away shirt for use in Europe which I find bizarre. (Although we could play Fenerbache or Lecce I guess :D )

liverpool-1.png

they already had a European alternate this year:

GerrardLFCG.jpg

(sorry Liverpool fans for torturing you, that was just the first image that came up when searching ;))

and all of the major adidas clubs (Ajax, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan) all have had European alternates the past few years - especially black jerseys.

harperdc.gif

There is apparently going to be another away shirt for use in Europe which I find bizarre. (Although we could play Fenerbache or Lecce I guess :D )

Fenerbahce is blue and yellow, you were thinking Galatasaray. Also they could be playing Lens in CL.

Of course... Gala... brain fart this morning when I wrote that post!

liverpool-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they do - I hope they get a horrible sublimated version of their bird on their shirts. but then again, I'm a diehard Gunner so of course I'd think that...

what's more important in the whole adidas coporate restructuring...what the hell happens to Bolton? :blink:

harperdc.gif

what's more important in the whole adidas coporate restructuring...what the hell happens to Bolton? :blink:

Now THAT is interresting. This may remain as one of the last RBK spots around. Just too much to change.

That stadium by the way, built way out of town, simply has no flair at all.

Liverpool_home_gerrard_8.jpg

Sneak peek of the real thing or a nice photoshop job?

I'm inclined to say that it's bogus, as Liverpool don't wear the 5-star crest for league play...

I could be wrong, however...

Been confirmed that this is a clever photoshop mockup done by some ebay fraudsters.

The actual shirt will have a real badge, not a rubbish iron on job like that pic and a real collar. Not a big fan of collars on football shirts to be honest, and its not a traditional Liverpool thing at all. We've nearly always had V-necks or round necks.

liverpool-1.png

I doubt they'd have all of those piping pieces in white on the home too - gotta keep it as red as possible, naturally. the picture at the top of the thread seems closest, barring a sponsor change.

-----

slightly off topic - why was Steven Gerrard wearing jersey #08 in Saturday's Merseyside Derby?

stevengerrardoff_ms_g.jpg

can't find any explanation online for that at all.

harperdc.gif

Archived