Liverpool 2006/07 kit?

zjac7

I doubt they'd have all of those piping pieces in white on the home too - gotta keep it as red as possible, naturally. the picture at the top of the thread seems closest, barring a sponsor change.

-----

slightly off topic - why was Steven Gerrard wearing jersey #08 in Saturday's Merseyside Derby?

stevengerrardoff_ms_g.jpg

can't find any explanation online for that at all.

James Beattie wore 08 for Everton as well. It was to remind everyone that Liverpool is European Capital of Culture in 2008.

liverpool-1.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reebok was never a soccer brand.

No?

Well, when you compare the effort that Reebok has put into footie to the big pound campaigns Nike's Joga Bonito and Adidas' +10), They are pretty small fish + All of the teams (Club & National) that Nike & Adidas sponsor

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

No?

actually no, they never were.

the fact that some marketing manager thought, why don't we try the soccer market and sign some premireship teams 10 years ago, does not make them a good soccer supplier.

when they started they neither had any production experience nor idea of soccer gear. yep, they learned how to make shirts and the design turned from none in the beginning to average lately. buying the name rights for the bolton stadium was a nice move, but not one with future.

good decision by adidas. in a highly competitive market and fighting very aggressive nike adidas does need some good clubs. bye, reebok.

But I don't really like the Adidas +10 line a lot. Anyway, Pool have written history with Adidas kits.

This one must be real:

th_91186_newkit2iu.jpg

No, I've seen this on a Liverpool message board, and it is definitely a photoshop job.

Again, if you look at the specs I put up in the initial post, you will see that there is a red collar, as well as Liverpool's game shield, not the livebird crest. Also, the adidas stripes reach across the entire shoulders, not just the sleeves.

No, I've seen this on a Liverpool message board, and it is definitely a photoshop job.

Again, if you look at the specs I put up in the initial post, you will see that there is a red collar, as well as Liverpool's game shield, not the livebird crest. Also, the adidas stripes reach across the entire shoulders, not just the sleeves.

A good one though. Must be based on some of the World Cup designs...

I would not rely on the specs for the badge - Adidas would want to bring the bird only crest back and the schield looks too 90s, maybe they just put it there as a reference where the crest should be.

Also if you look there is a subtle collar in the back... :therock:

The bird only crest won't be returning in its old form. The added elements in the current badge (The Flame of Remembrance and Shankly Gates) have a lot of symbolism for a club that's had some sad times.

That said I think most fans would like a simpler badge than the current one... but at least the flame will stay in some form if its changed.

I think all fans want the 5 stars on it somewhere but the EPL is a bit funny about that when really it should have nothing to do with them.

liverpool-1.png

I think all fans want the 5 stars on it somewhere but the EPL is a bit funny about that when really it should have nothing to do with them.

Well teh 5 stars represent Europe and not the EPL so I can see why they would have an issue with it if it is worn during EPL or English Cup matches. They will probably have 2 different shirts rather than just one with 5 stars.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

when they started they neither had any production experience nor idea of soccer gear. yep, they learned how to make shirts and the design turned from none in the beginning to average lately. buying the name rights for the bolton stadium was a nice move, but not one with future.

I gladly stand corrected.

As for the "bird only" shirt logo, there have been Liverpool fans who Photoshopped a new version with the flame. I think that could work well.

Heck, next year Spurs will be the first EPL team in I-don't-know-how-long to have a simplified version of the crest on their shirts.

not sure how i feel about this one. i liked liverpool in reebok kits, but it makes sense for them to go to a bigger soccer company, given the team's history and success. i think that yellow/red away kit will hurt the eyes, but not as badly as some of the other ones from years past. Kudos to adidas for keeping the kit as red as possible.

OD_Signature.jpg

The funny thing is Liverpool is was formerly wearing adidas when they were picked up by Reebok. So they are going back to their origional sponsoers from 10 years ago.

yup. IIRC they won their European Cup in the '80s in adidas too. and I'm pretty sure they've had some strange colors (even red?) on their yellow alts in the past ten years too (there's some comedy picture online making fun of Liverpudlians where *everyone* in sight is wearing an older reebok yellow alt and I think it's yellow and red...otherwise it's a natty design of yellow and black).

spurs - ? wow, are they just going to the bird on their shirt then? and I'd argue that Fulham and Arsenal simplified their crests slightly when they redesigned them at different times respectively.

harperdc.gif

And of course Chelsea made their crest more elaborate this season, although still simpler than the original older design it was based on. Few would argue that it wasn't an upgrade though.

liverpool-1.png

spurs - ? wow, are they just going to the bird on their shirt then? and I'd argue that Fulham and Arsenal simplified their crests slightly when they redesigned them at different times respectively.

Yep, Spurs are going to use just the bird. That makes them the only EPL club, IIRC, to not put the club crest on the shirt.

The days of the single Chelsea lion, Arsenal cannon or Liverpool liverbird are gone, but Spurs are returning to the classic look.

Archived