Logo Design Costs

shadesofblack

hello, my question is this: my dad works for a coupling company and he had to fill an order for a company called jet force. the company had no logo and his boss asked him to design a logo, which he did. he wanted me to ask all u "Pros" how much is the going rate for a logo. its good quality- simple but to the point. so i would just like to know how much he should "charge" for lack of a better word, for his logo. thanks guys!

It depends on the size of the company for whom the logo is designed. The Graphic Artists Guild is a professional organization whose members are graphic designers around the country. These figures are from the Graphic Artists Guild Pricing & Ethical Guidelines 9th Edition:

CORPORATE LOGO DESIGN PROJECTS

If the corporation for whom the logo is intended has an annual revenue of:

OVER $500 MILLION | comparative fee is between $25,000 & $200,000

$100 - $500 MILLION | comparative fee is between $15,000 & $100,000

$50 - $100 MILLION | comparative fee is between $10,000 & $60,000

$10 - $50 MILLION | comparative fee is between $10,000 & $40,000

$1 - $10 MILLION | comparative fee is between $6,000 & $20,000

UNDER $1 MILLION | comparative fee is between $3,000 & $20,000

Now, If your father is not a trained professional in graphic design, the rate may go down. If he is, but does not work for a graphic design firm, again, the rate may be lower, but it all depends. It is also likely that Jet Force will not want to pay anywhere close to $3000 because many small companies do not know or appreciate the value of good design, a problem which is compounded by designers doing quality work and selling themselves short on pricing, designing for whatever rate they can get. So basically, your father will probably have to decide on a rate that fits within the clients budget since they most likely do not know the going rate for quality logo work.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived