MLB Prediction game

WISDUCK

It's a game where you predict scores of every single game in the 2006 MLB season! Starting April 2nd when the season starts. I'll give you the games that will be played, and you copy & paste into a reply and type in your scores. You can join in anytime. Once the first game is played, there will be no more predicting. However, you still can predict that day, but the game that's going on won't count. You do not have to predict every scores. I suggest you don't predict your team. You don't want the Karma police in here. Each day I will paste the games played and updated standing. Remember it starts April 2nd. The reason Im posting so early, is because I want to spread the word. And if this gos well, let's do this with the other major sports next season! :D

Scoring:

3 points for correct winner

5 points for correct winner and score

brettfavre.png

:Pulls calculator out:

Every game this season? You do realize that would mean predicting 4860 games, right? In a sport where it's almost foolhardy to try to predict the results of individual games. And heaven help you when the rainouts come. This won't last...

(Although I congratulate you on discovering another way to bolster your post count)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

:Pulls calculator out:

Every game this season? You do realize that would mean predicting 4860 games, right? In a sport where it's almost foolhardy to try to predict the results of individual games. And heaven help you when the rainouts come. This won't last...

(Although I congratulate you on discovering another way to bolster your post count)

I did this last year on another site. It works. Besides, I work for 16 hours a day. I got free time.

brettfavre.png

Nothing about this idea, nor your explanation, makes sense.

You make predictions on MLB games. You get 3 points for guessing correct winner, and 5 points for winner and score.

Example:

Milwaukee plays Chicago. You write down something like this:

Chicago: 1 Milwaukee: 5

brettfavre.png

I predict that the team with the most runs at the end of the game will win every time. That's about as far as I want to go with this. Although I suppose I could quit my job and spend most of my time here predicting the score of every Royals or Devil Rays game.

Yeah this will last until about...well tomorrow if that.

Seriously, do post counts really mean anything to anyone? It's a dubious pursuit at best. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I predict that the team with the most runs at the end of the game will win every time. That's about as far as I want to go with this. Although I suppose I could quit my job and spend most of my time here predicting the score of every Royals or Devil Rays game.

Yeah this will last until about...well tomorrow if that.

Seriously, do post counts really mean anything to anyone? It's a dubious pursuit at best. :D

Why does everyone think predicting games will last until the Apacalypes strikes? All you do is predict 15 games a day.

brettfavre.png

All you do is predict 15 games a day.

...for 7 days a week, for six months.

Now I love baseball, but predicting each and every score is going to get dull really quickly. Plus, other than DirtyCurty, we don't have 16 hours a day to jerk around on the computer.

Starting to see why this is so unpopular?

I have a prediction. This won't last past the first week.

how did I know that a Viking fan would say that! :D

Anyone think there going to do this?

I'm a Vikings fan? That's news to me.

The reason I said this won't last past the first week is about 15 games per day. That's a lot of work to keep track of. It would work for the NFL but not baseball.

BTW, I'm a Jets fan.

I did this last year on another site. It works. Besides, I work for 16 hours a day. I got free time.

You did? Where? I belive that as much as I believe, "I have never used steroids. Period." And you work for 16 hours a day? Do you sleep??? Or do you just live on some 40 hour a day planet.

Archived