wilmington whitesides

leggman01

ok...thinking about new names/logo's for fantasy football season and i came up with this from one of my favorite dolphins, the atlantic whiteside - this is based on an illustration i did way back when i was a marine biology major...probably taken from the field guide which i've since misplaced - i may do some uniforms later - c&c appreciated

whitesideswdmk8hb.png

whitesideshelmet8mn.png

jldesigns404eo.png

Pros...

1. You managed to make a good dolphin logo without ripping off the Miami Dolphins.

2. I've never heard of a whiteside dolphin, so props for an original name and putting it on an Atlantic Coast city. A marine animal with Wilmington, DE works very nicely.

Cons...

1. That splotch of yellow really doesn't belong. I'd replace it with that grayish that you have in front of it.

2. I know the team's called the Whitesides, but white football helmets are so bland. Add a white outline around the logo and make the helmet navy. Go with that greenish blue on the facemask.

It's a good start but it could use a little touchup. I'm curious to see what uniforms you go with. If you take my helmet suggestion, going with that medium blue as the home uniform would look really sharp.

stoneraizersig.jpg

i really really like white helmets, but Raizer's suggestion wouldnt look bad at all. the logo is really nice and clean, except for the yellow sploch. it wouldnt seem that out of place if maybe the wordmark or jerseys used yellow, but with the dolphin by itself it is a little distracting. the name is awesome, very creative and i think it would work great on a real team. cant wait for the jerseys.

thanks for the comments...i'll try it on a navy helmet and see if it works

the yellow spot is actually anatomically correct, although i've over-emphasized it quite a bit...maybe i'll tone it down a bit, but i really like the combo of the 2 blues with the yellow

the town is actually wilmington, nc...although the atlantic whiteside really doesn't range that far south...it's habitat extends from maine to around the chesapeake, but i'm taking creative license :)

jldesigns404eo.png

I like this logo. Try it on the navy helmet with the green/blue mask. Keep the yellow. I liked it even before I read that it was anatomically correct. Was going to suggest you keep it anyway because it "pops" but since it's the correct coloring...nevermind. Will keep checking back to see the navy helmet.

PS to Seymour..."I love it" is a pansy-a*s comment. Tell him/her why you love it. You're posting for the sake of posting.

I like this logo. Try it on the navy helmet with the green/blue mask. Keep the yellow. I liked it even before I read that it was anatomically correct. Was going to suggest you keep it anyway because it "pops" but since it's the correct coloring...nevermind. Will keep checking back to see the navy helmet.

PS to Seymour..."I love it" is a pansy-a*s comment. Tell him/her why you love it. You're posting for the sake of posting.

Yeah Seymour tell him(/her, but we don't get many chick around here) what you like about it.

Look...

leggman, I like the logo, I have no idea what a whiteside is (I'm guessing a dolphin of some kind) but this looks very nice. I do agree with StoneRaizer, the yellow is a little out of place, and the helmet a little bland. What I really like about this is the color choices the teal is perfect for a logo like this. Nice work!

...See how easy that was.

ok...here's the blue shell with teal cage...not sure if i like it better, but it's solid - i didn't add any stripes because i didn't like the way they were looking on the blue shell

navywhitesides8ew.png

here are 2 uniforms with the blue shell - the side stripes represent a wave - the home has a definate jags feel to it, but i'm happy with them...i like pretty simple uniform designs, nothing TOO out there - no alt for now - hope you like

whitesideunih5ks.png

whitesideunia2xy.png

jldesigns404eo.png

Actually, this is pretty cool! I think the yellow is what makes this unique. The arc of the dolphin is also unique, as we usually see dolphins arched down (think St. Louis arch) as opposed to up. The colors are excellent and I think the navy shell is an excellent choice.

In fact, this logo is so good, I'd like to display it on my FFL Helmets site (see signature) with your permission. Do you have a flat (non-3D) version of the logo with the yellow outline? Please contact me off-line with your reply to this query.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I like the blue helmet even better than the white one.

As far as team location, Wilmington, DE is within the whiteside's natural habitat, though there's more people in Wilmington, NC (unless you're looking for bankers or credit card company employees; then it's Delaware all the way).

The uniforms are great. With no black in them, I'm not getting the Jags vibe at all. My only criticism would be the number font - it's too compressed vertically to be a good choice for front and back numerals, which are usually no less than 8" and 10", respectively. Using a font that's wider than it is tall will make it hard for the numbers to be big enough to be legible without being so big they get crowded off the jersey.

Other than that, bravo. These are sweet, and beautifully done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived