Chicago Wind Logo

WideRight

I agree. In Chicago you see logos like this sometimes:

chicago_gaming-logo.jpg

There was one that I think was official with the Sears Tower, Hancock Building and the NBC building in a sketchy kind of format. It was really nice but I can't seem to find it.

Living in Illinois, I am familiar with the city's nickname origin, but if you name the team the Wind you probably ought to focus on actual wind and not loudmouth politicians. And trust me, Chicago wind, say in February on the lake, is nasty.

I picked the Hancock Tower because it has great lines and is a simpler design than the Sears Tower. I liked the idea of the wind whipping around it to create the C.

When I made the team up for a fantasy league, I was choosing between Chicago Wind and Chicago Mob, but now that I have seen the MLL team, I wish I had thought of the Chicago Machine first, because that is the greatest "local flavor" name I have heard in a long time. (Logo is bleh, but the name is great.)

• 4 weeks later...

I was meaning to comment on this concept when I first saw it but it somehow didn't get around to it.

I honestly love this concept. It is something I could easily see a team actually using. However I do have a couple of suggestions.

I really don't know if the concept would look better with any of the verticle lines the Hancock building has. I still think you should maybe give it a shot and see how it looks. I have a feeling it might end up looking a little too cluttered but its worth a shot.

My second suggestion is to maybe change the shading a little bit to make the cross sections look more like diamonds other than x's...It could just be a personal preseption but I have always looked at the Hancock tower and always saw the cross sections as diamonds other than x's.

(Here is a picture that shows what I am talking about pretty good.)

magnificentmile09.jpg

Either way man, great job.

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived