SportsCenter -- Cable Guide Description

leopard88

I don't who writes these things, but the program guide on my cable described SportsCenter as follows (or words pretty close to this -- I didn't have a pen handy):

"Hip, Emmy-winning scrapbook of day's home runs, touchdowns and slamdunks."

The "hip" part at least fits how ESPN likes to view the show. I think the rest of the description pretty much summarizes the content -- all of the flash without the substance. Does anyone agree or disagree?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

When I had digital cable I remeber what mine said on SportSCenter too. I got a laugh. (I had Buckeye Cable System Bronze Digital.)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

ESPN

"Daily events in the life of Barry Bonds with up to the minute live tracking."

now thats a sportscenter description.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

ESPN

"Daily events in the life of Barry Bonds with up to the minute live tracking."

now thats a sportscenter description.

:D

Seriously, what was most amusing to me is that anyone (as I said, I don't know who) would intentionally describe what is supposed to be a sports news program as "hip" and a "scrapbook."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I don't who writes these things, but the program guide on my cable ....

You know who I feel sorry for? The little old lady who has to type the synopses for the pr0n flicks on VOD.

You just know she's hard-up, and really earning her $7 an hour, typing in verbatim the hardcore descriptions from the backs of the box for Barely Legal 53 or TV Hookers 7: Back to the Back Door.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I don't who writes these things, but the program guide on my cable ....

You know who I feel sorry for? The little old lady who has to type the synopses for the pr0n flicks on VOD.

You just know she's hard-up, and really earning her $7 an hour, typing in verbatim the hardcore descriptions from the backs of the box for Barely Legal 53 or TV Hookers 7: Back to the Back Door.

LOL. I've got to start reading those for kicks.

Sportscenter-

Sports/Special: ESPNEWS with an extra 30 minutes of filler.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

another suggestion-SportsCenter (1 hour) A daily look at all that happened in sporting events East of the Appalachians and in Los Angeles.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

another suggestion-SportsCenter (1 hour) A daily look at all that happened in sporting events East of the Appalachians and in Los Angeles.

This is blown out of proportion.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is blown out of proportion.

You're right, I forgot Barry Bonds...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived