Cincinnati Reds

nafsder2003

Well, it seems like the Reds are going to change, so I might as well throw a concept out there.

I have always hated the blocky wordmark of the Reds. Because of their rich history, it seems only logical to try to create the "classic" tailed script wordmark, that, while overused, seems to always look nice. And because of the probable switch to blue, I added in a blue shadow. I kept the overall style of the Home uniforms (red sleeves, red pinstripes, chest logo and number) but replaced the newest wishbone C (the one featuring the blocky Reds text) with the Reds Running Man (sans that wishbone C logo and black changed to blue). And while I was going for a very classic look, I felt I needed at least some modern feel to the concept, so I used a more modern typeface for the numbers and names on the jerseys. For the Road uniforms, I ditched the sleeve look in favor of a solid grey one (mainly because blue sleeves were just a little bit too much blue...the blue hat bill might be too much as well). Let me know what you think...it certainly is simple, but hopefully there's some potential in the concept.

reds1ri.jpg

honestly i think the reds are one of the only teams that effectively use the black in their color scheme. Red and Black just work.

Anything is better than those stupid pinstriped hats they had circa 1994.

I like the idea of these, but the homes look too busy, I'd say stick with the primary on the uniforms. And if you wanna go classic, use the script font for the name but leave the numbers as block font.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I agree, I find nothing wrong w/ the current unis. The switch to red and navy pisses me off, because the ONE TEAM that made black work is ditching it to conform with the rest of the sports world by adding navy, or in their case bringing it back. It's stupid, and I don't like it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The home jerseys are too cluttered in my opinion. I really like that away jersey though. The script that you chose looks good and I like it. I know the reds are ditching black, but maybe for the script, instead of outlining it in blue, outlline it in black, but do not put black anywhere else on the jersey. I'm not a fan of that number font though because it looks too much like the Blue Jays font. I'm not feelin' the home jersey, but the away one and that script is good. nice work.

Archived