Brew Crew 0-for-Retros

quantum

I find how bad the Brewers have played in these uniforms up to this point funny, considering how passionate most people have been about bringing back the retro set.

Why? The two aren't related.

If the players had been advocating it, and then played poorly in them, you might have a point. But as it is, the comparison's a reach.

The fact that people wanted them back so desperately and that they so far are performing poorly is funny. It's called irony. It has nothing to do with what the players want.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

This is a sign from above.

Thou shalt not use ball-and-glove logo.

AMEN!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!

I hear ya all the way. I hope they never a "retro Sunday" game.

Honestly though, I don't think we'll have to worry about it for too much longer. One more loss in these things and the players will burn them.

From the guy with a retro blue jays logo in his avantar.

No, it's not ironic, unless you subscribe to Alanis Morisette's definition of "ironic." Right now, it's just a bummer.

It would be ironic if the fans demanded the old logo back and then didn't buy the merchandise.

Opinions vary, and you're entitled to yours. And yes, it is ironic. You know, for a guy that is such a fan of the beer barrel man, you have the B&G in your signature. What gives?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Give me a break. Yeah the uniforms are making them lose. THE UNIFORMS ARE MAKING THEM LOSE. Read that to yourself again. I don't think I've ever heard of anything so ridiculous.

I really hope none of you are serious about this. And if you are, step away from your computer, try not to think about logos and uniforms for 2 seconds and get a life.

No one is saying the uniforms are making them lose. However if they continue to lose in them the jersey would be looked upon as bad luck and thus they might be dropped. It is something that we as the people who hate them, hopes to happen. It is something that has happened in sports and baseball before. The Blue Jays front white cap in 93 comes to mind.

Superstitions are apart of sports, especially baseball. If they constantly lose in them they will probably be dropped.

Logically speaking ... of course the Brewers not even scoring a single run in the ball-in-glove throwbacks is nothing but a coincidence. Your sample set is a whopping two instances.

However, as the good fence-sitter I am, if you can't make the claim that the uniforms are causing the Brewers to play like excrement on a SPORTS LOGOS message board - where can you make that claim?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Logically speaking ... of course the Brewers not even scoring a single run in the ball-in-glove throwbacks is nothing but a coincidence. Your sample set is a whopping two instances.

However, as the good fence-sitter I am, if you can't make the claim that the uniforms are causing the Brewers to play like excrement on a SPORTS LOGOS message board - where can you make that claim?

Here for one ^_^

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp...g=13727.1&ctx=0

I saw, I came, I left.

No, it's not ironic, unless you subscribe to Alanis Morisette's definition of "ironic."  Right now, it's just a bummer.

It would be ironic if the fans demanded the old logo back and then didn't buy the merchandise.

Opinions vary, and you're entitled to yours. And yes, it is ironic. You know, for a guy that is such a fan of the beer barrel man, you have the B&G in your signature. What gives?

The definintion of words is not subject to an opinion.

Irony, used in this instance, is the disconnect between an expected outcome and the actual outcome.

Rain on your wedding day isn't ironic. It's just a bummer.

Since nobody actually thought that the uniforms themselves would make the Brewers win, it isn't ironic that they've lose twice in them. It's just a bummer for Brewer fans. :P

</professional_writer> :D

As far as the BBM and the glove go, I vastly prefer the BBM. I even wrote to Bud Selig in the mid-1980s asking him to bring the BBM back (how's that for logo geek bona fides? ^_^). But the BBM isn't shaped properly for the pennant to work in this size, the American Association pennant I worked up doesn't really work, and above all I love the old "Milwaukee" wordmark. Being an historical stickler, I can't put a logo and wordmark from different eras together on a throwback graphic. Not unless it was a proposal for the future.

But not to worry. I'm still working for the BBM. I sent Ulice Payne a concept for his triumphant return lo these many years ago, and I recently sent a revised one to Mark Attanasio. He'll have his day in the sun, never fear.

Archived