Brew Crew 0-for-Retros

quantum

It's too bad. I hope this isn't a trend that continues all year. :mad:

lee423.jpg

See...shoulda worn these instead.

93upperdeck237.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

This is a sign from above.

Thou shalt not use ball-and-glove logo.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Red Sox...Curse of the Bambino

Cubs...Just Cursed

Brewers... The Retro SUnday Curse...

I am a Brewers fan. :(

The difference there is that Milwaukee can CONTROL their curse.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Red Sox...Curse of the Bambino

Cubs...Just Cursed

Brewers... The Retro SUnday Curse...

I am a Brewers fan. :(

Then join the rest of us who are sick of having the past being foisted upon us, rise up, and denounce the evil that is the ball-in-glove logo.

QPR%20Sig.png

I agree 100% w/ BGMack. Those cursive jerseys were awesome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Then join the rest of us who are sick of having the past being foisted upon us, rise up, and denounce the evil that is the ball-in-glove logo.

"Foisted upon you?"

Balderdash.

The fans want it. Overwhelmingly. By every measure.

Trust me, Gothamite. Real fans want their team to win baseball games more than they want a stupid logo to stick around. Give this another couple weeks of losing and see if the tide doesn't turn against Retro Sundays.

QPR%20Sig.png

This is a sign from above.

Thou shalt not use ball-and-glove logo.

AMEN!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!

I hear ya all the way. I hope they never a "retro Sunday" game.

Honestly though, I don't think we'll have to worry about it for too much longer. One more loss in these things and the players will burn them.

"Foisted upon you?"

Balderdash.

Trust me, Gothamite. Real fans want their team to win baseball games more than they want a stupid logo to stick around. Give this another couple weeks of losing and see if the tide doesn't turn against Retro Sundays.

Real fans? :rolleyes:

Sheesh. I thought we were above such things here.

"Foisted upon you?"

Balderdash.

Real fans? :rolleyes:

Sheesh. I thought we were above such things here.

Plenty of room on the anti-ball-in-glove bandwagon, Gothamite. You're more than welcome to join us any time.

QPR%20Sig.png

Give me a break. Yeah the uniforms are making them lose. THE UNIFORMS ARE MAKING THEM LOSE. Read that to yourself again. I don't think I've ever heard of anything so ridiculous.

I really hope none of you are serious about this. And if you are, step away from your computer, try not to think about logos and uniforms for 2 seconds and get a life.

I really hope none of you are serious about this.  And if you are, step away from your computer, try not to think about logos and uniforms for 2 seconds and get a life.

While I hate to defend the cranky anti-glovers, a conversation like this one is kinda the whole point of the board....

I really hope none of you are serious about this.  And if you are, step away from your computer, try not to think about logos and uniforms for 2 seconds and get a life.

While I hate to defend the cranky anti-glovers, a conversation like this one is kinda the whole point of the board....

No, his main point is right-on.

Yes, this is a place to talk about our obsession with sports logos. But it's ridiculous to assume the Brewers lackluster Sunday performances is due to the wearing of throwback uniforms.

That's like saying I run faster in white shoes instead of red. That color weighs them down, after all.

:wacko:

No, his main point is right-on.

Yes, this is a place to talk about our obsession with sports logos. But it's ridiculous to assume the Brewers lackluster Sunday performances is due to the wearing of throwback uniforms.

That's like saying I run faster in white shoes instead of red. That color weighs them down, after all.

:wacko:

Sports encompasses many things, including bad luck. If the Brewers keep this up, it will definitely start to creep into their thoughts.

The Brewers have been mediocre, so losing isn't the real surprise. I find how bad the Brewers have played in these uniforms up to this point funny, considering how passionate most people have been about bringing back the retro set.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I find how bad the Brewers have played in these uniforms up to this point funny, considering how passionate most people have been about bringing back the retro set.

Why? The two aren't related.

If the players had been advocating it, and then played poorly in them, you might have a point. But as it is, the comparison's a reach.

Archived