Colorado Rapids

zjac7

There's been talk of green coming back to prominence in their kits. In a way, I like the idea of going back to their roots and moving away from blue, since so many other teams use it (New England and Kansas City as primary, Chivas and New York in secondary roles). Though with Metro becoming New York losing their red/black stripes, it actually makes the blue/black stripes somewhat unique in MLS. The only other team using vertical stripes is Chivas (red/white).

Plus, that shirt's a bit dull, really. But, if they wanted to make that their road shirt instead of the all-white kit, that certainly wouldn't bother me at all (see previous rants on topic of all-white roads).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Mainly because they have tried pretty hard in recent years to get away from the green. An acquaintance who works closely with MLS has even told me this personally. Even in this year's "Embrace the Colors" ad campaign, MLS has been pushing the black and blue.

I noticed that with this year's kits, they have started phasing green back in. Here's a comparison.

Last year's home (notice the nearly total absence of green):

369_1000876.jpg

This year's home (subtle green piping, green in the script):

369_1004872.jpg

Last year's away:

369_1000916.jpg

This year's away:

369_1004916.jpg

And now, the thirds...

I'm not saying it's definite that they are going to rebrand, but all of the telltale signs are in place...

God, I wish they'd rebrand, starting with the logo. How does a ball in a sunburst have anything do with anything?

I kinda like the blue and black stripes, I kinda liked green and gold, but I pretty much hate blackandblueandwhitewithalittlegreenandtraceamountsofgoldbutonlyifyoulookatthecrest.

Their best and most visable marketing push locally centered around the black and blue, so I'd be inclined to stick with that, if I were them. I'd just simplify it, and maybe replace green with metallic gold as a tertiary accent color.

I think once their new stadium is built, they will rebrand the team and start on a clean slate kinda what dallas did when they open pizza hut park. I do like the rapids name, but the logo has to be changed

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

They should take their old logo and put it inside a shield. Kind of like this, only way better.

Milwaukee%20Wave.jpg

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

There's nothing wrong with maybe keeping blue/black at home and starting a tradition of white/green on the road. That way fans can have a choice which jersey to buy, and it makes them a bit different.

There's lots of teams in Europe who have traditional away kits which make little sense (but have historical reasons). Look at Germany... white at home, until recently always wore green away but its nowhere on their flag, or in their national colours, but they did it to respect Ireland who played them first after WWII when no-one else would.

Sounds better than trying to squeeze black/blue/green into one shirt if you ask me.

liverpool-1.png

Archived