Roller Hockey Logo/Jersey

FlyersHockey1967

I was thinking of starting up a roller hockey team and I needed a logo and jersey. I originally designed these, but it was decided with some help that it looked too "Pokemon":

logomedium8zo.jpg

newjersey4zo.jpg

So, that prompted a redesign and I came up with something looking a lot more fierce:

scan10005medium9vn.jpg

finaljersey9bb.jpg

I'm using the template of the Calgary Flames, but I'm not sure what color scheme I should use. Constructive criticism and comments are welcome.

It does kind of look too pokemon, as you said, but I see some potential in it. If you simplified it, it might be pretty nice, actually.

Dragon Optical

If you were to do something like what they have. I don't mean copy it, but maybe make some sort of silhouette, or just take some detail out of what you have, I think it could work.

Looks pretty good for being hand drawn. I would make the logo a little less wide so it doesn't appear to wrap around the back or anything. As for colours, you could do red, yellow, and black; but that would be to obvious. IMO at least. Maybe some green or something for the dragon.

I may be in the minority, but I dig the name on the sleeve on the first concept. Perhaps with the flames' font and the older style striping on the sleeve (leave the lame stripe on the front in the dust bin where it belongs)?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Im thinking Charizard...

Charizard.jpg

But it does look good

...Thanks :wacko:

Okay, so:

1. Simplify the logo

2. Make it narrower

3. Maybe add the font on the side of the jersey again

4. Experiment with color schemes

If I get to it, I'll photo copy the templates and color them in and post them here to see how they look. Thanks for the comments! B)

P.S. And I actually did do something like an overhead view, but I decided it looked too Atlanta Thrashers-ish. I might redesign that and put it on the shoulders or something.

And please be aware, I've never made jerseys before, don't know where to go to make one, and I'm not even sure if the league I play in allows the template I'm using. I wouldn't know, I just play in a draft league and we just get colored pinnies, and their competing team uses Tour hockey jerseys (tons of "sponsoring", if you know what I mean).

Well, I don't claim to be a real graphical artist, but I threw something together kinda based on your second design. I traced your drawing, and put it on a jersey.

dragons.jpg

C+C as always. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well, I don't claim to be a real graphical artist, but I threw something together kinda based on your second design. I traced your drawing, and put it on a jersey.

dragons.jpg

That's actually pretty similar to what I had in mind. Not too shabby Fred.

dragons.jpg

Wow. I'm not much of a graphics artist, but that is HAWT!

I never thought of that color scheme. I like it, especially since using the red and yellow allows it to be used on the flame. Not bad :shocked:

Archived