Ruud's career at Man U over?

officeglenn

According to reports, Ruud van Nistelrooy drove away from Old Trafford today, only three hours before Manchester United's last fixture of the season at home against Charlton Athletic: ESPNSoccernet.com

This has led to much speculation that Van Nistelrooy will be transferred over the summer, especially given the fact that he has been coming on as a sub for several weeks now and that, if there was any sort of falling-out with Sir Alex Ferguson, many players who have crossed Fergie have found themselves in another team's uniform fairly quickly.

It may just be wishful thinking on my part, but if Ruud were to be on his way out, I'd love to see him go to Arsenal, especially if Thierry Henry leaves the Gunners this summer as well. Ruud could be paired up front with Dutch countryman Robin van Persie.

Prediction: After Thierry Henry decides to stay with Champions' League-bound Arsenal, Ruud is sold to Barca for 15 million pounds.

Frank Rijkaard is Dutch, remember.

Good point. But I wonder if RvN would just wind up getting squeezed out at Barcelona as well, with Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Larsson, and the youngster Messi there already.

I don't think he would be signed for more than two years. Besides, I don't think Messi is ready yet to be Eto'o's strike partner. And Larsson is always injured.

I think it's a good fit.

Personally I'd love to see Henry stay with Arsenal and Ruud go to PSV and help Beasley lead them deeper in Europe next year. Arsenal and Barca have deep enough teams. They don't need more stars.

I will admit...wouldn't mind seeing Ruud in green and gold (yeah right).

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Personally I'd love to see Henry stay with Arsenal and Ruud go to PSV and help Beasley lead them deeper in Europe next year. Arsenal and Barca have deep enough teams. They don't need more stars.

Barca needs a guy like RvN like they need a hole in the head....Rijkaard's got a solid squad there as is.

Then again, ya never know if Real Madrid is gonna get involved or not either...you'd think they'd think twice about that seeing all those galacticos they've collected over the last few years haven't done diddly for em when it counts (be it in La Liga or in the Champions League).

But then again, when has logic ever applied to any of the moves coming from Bernabeu lately? :rolleyes:

I can live with RvN heading back to the Eredivisie...just as long as he doesn't get transferred to that 3 ring circus at the Amsterdam ArenA they call Ajax these days...PSV would be really nice (seeing it gives em another weapon out there with Beasley).

I'll admit, the sight of seeing a Bayern squad with Ballack, Makaay, and Ruud out there for the 06-07 Bundesliga campaign would make me a very happy person.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Rumors are running in the Manchester papers that United are looking to land Fernando Torres and they told Fergie they wanted Ruud and 14 mil for him.If you could get the Glazers to bite Torres and Roonaldo would be a scary 1-2 punch.I would like to hope he will look to replace Roy Keane this summer as well,but the guy i wanted (Ballack) is all but a lock to sign with Chelsea,so we will need to look somewhere else.

On a non Man U related note....has anyone seen the new Bayern away jersey yet?

If not here it is

6917_1.jpg

Im gonna order one with Podolskis name and # when he signs :)

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis ArchersΒ - MLF

Β 

Prediction: After Thierry Henry decides to stay with Champions' League-bound Arsenal, Ruud is sold to Barca for 15 million pounds.

Frank Rijkaard is Dutch, remember.

Good point. But I wonder if RvN would just wind up getting squeezed out at Barcelona as well, with Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Larsson, and the youngster Messi there already.

I do believe that Larsson is leaving at the close season....I heard he was going back to Sweden,but i also heard he was going back to Celtic as well so im not sure :)

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis ArchersΒ - MLF

Β 

Barca needs a guy like RvN like they need a hole in the head....Rijkaard's got a solid squad there as is.

Then again, ya never know if Real Madrid is gonna get involved or not either...you'd think they'd think twice about that seeing all those galacticos they've collected over the last few years haven't done diddly for em when it counts (be it in La Liga or in the Champions League).

But then again, when has logic ever applied to any of the moves coming from Bernabeu lately? :rolleyes:

I can live with RvN heading back to the Eredivisie...just as long as he doesn't get transferred to that 3 ring circus at the Amsterdam ArenA they call Ajax these days...PSV would be really nice (seeing it gives em another weapon out there with Beasley).

I'll admit, the sight of seeing a Bayern squad with Ballack, Makaay, and Ruud out there for the 06-07 Bundesliga campaign would make me a very happy person.

I hate to say this, but I don't see Ruud going to any Dutch team because I believe none of those teams have the resources to pay for a transfer, that includes PSV and Ajax. But, if PSV wants to become a serious contender in the Champions League next year, then they should at least make an attempt for Ruud.

Let's face it, the level of competiton in Holland is not exactly in the same level as England, Germany, Italy or Spain (and perhaps France as well).

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived