White Sox Sunday alts today?

dirwuf

I heard those seats in the Cell were kinda weird and built at a weird angle and getting to them was steep it was kinda uncomfortable and if you didnt like heights it was kinda scary seat. Is that true?

It wasn't that they were built at a steeper angle than most current parks. It's that it was steeper than old Comiskey, and the original short, upward-angled roof could really add to the perception that you were mountain climbing. It did make several people I know uncomfortable, commenting that "I felt like I was gonna fall off." It was 88 steps to the top row in that deck, which was certainly quite the haul. With the new flat roof and several fewer rows, it honestly feels like they've somehow done the impossible and lessened the angle of those upper deck seats. The brain can play some funny tricks on ya.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard those seats in the Cell were kinda weird and built at a weird angle and getting to them was steep it was kinda uncomfortable and if you didnt like heights it was kinda scary seat. Is that true?

It wasn't that they were built at a steeper angle than most current parks. It's that it was steeper than old Comiskey, and the original short, upward-angled roof could really add to the perception that you were mountain climbing. It did make several people I know uncomfortable, commenting that "I felt like I was gonna fall off." It was 88 steps to the top row in that deck, which was certainly quite the haul. With the new flat roof and several fewer rows, it honestly feels like they've somehow done the impossible and lessened the angle of those upper deck seats. The brain can play some funny tricks on ya.

Additionally, the fact that the entrances to the upper deck seats are at the bottom of the rows doesn't help the perception that it is steep/too high up. If they had been in the middle of the upper deck it wouldn't have been so bad because you wouldn't have to climb so many stairs to the top. The new roof does help A LOT.

Dealing with the original question, I'm sticking with my explanation that they haven't worn them yet because they haven't lost a Saturday home game yet. The team tends to wear a jersey until they lose then switch. This would explain why I don't think we've seen the sleeveless home alts yet.

The other idea I've heard is that they won't pull the 1906's out until the Cubs series.

Archived