Nhl one-color

jkrdevil

Alright, I've been working I started this last weekend and since I have 2 days off from school this week, I am able to finish. In this Project I designed every NHL team uniform by only using white and 1 other color. All the logos are one color too. The only teams I didn't do were Detroit and Toronto because they are all ready one color.

2 notes. For the Blackhawks I decided to use the alternate C logo, and for the Rangers I used their primary shield logo. Comments are welcome.

Avalanche

Blackhawks

Blue Jackets

Blues

Bruins

Canadiens

Canucks

Capitals

Coyotes

Devils

Flames

Flyers

Hurricanes

Islanders

Kings

Lightning

Mighty Ducks

Oilers

Panthers

Penguins

Predators

Rangers

Sabres

Senators

Sharks

Stars

Thrashers

Wild

most of the logos are from chriscreamer.com, numbers from RC. Some of the logos were from logo.nino.ru

Interesting project. I think you did pretty good considering your limitation of colors.

I think only a few of the teams could actually get away with a monochrome uniform. Except for the logo, the Blackhawks uniform looks good. The original uniform would have to be pretty minimal already, and the sleeves would have to have discernable stripes. Otherwise you have large patches of white and the color looks forced in.

The Ducks would look ok if not for the diagonals on the front of the shirt. The Hurricanes look pretty cool like that. The Blues look ok. The other teams just look like too much is missing, especially with the one-color logo.

Could you retry some of them using screens of colors? At least grayscale (or faked with color) adds a little bit of depth, maybe you could have some 3-d effects.

Everything reminds me of film negatives :)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

While I'd like another team to try the monochromatic system, most of the existing teams couldn't pull it off.  If you alowed yourself at least the addition of black as a trim color, your options open right up.

I find myself in the same situation designing stuff for Bemidji State.  They insist on just green and white, with no black (although this is basicaly just for the men's hockey teams main jerseys, as the other sports - including the men's hockey 3rds - have virtualy all added black to the scheme).  This limits them so much in jersey design.  In fact, even the school athletic logo, which includes black, and actualy brown for the beaver head, is used in a monochromatic green outline only on the men's home and away hockey jerseys.  This realy limits what you can do, and have it look OK.

Same principal applies here.  The simpler the logo, the better the jersye looks monochromatic.  For that reason, the Devils, Rangers, Flames, Canadians, Flyers, and especialy the Oilers work well.  The rest just don't seem to be enough.

Moose

I'm glad I don't live in that world. Nice effort to do all that work, but I was surprized at home any of them I didn't like. Before I went throught them I thought I would think many of them were workable.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

a well-intentioned project...although like everybody else has said, the vast majority of the league's current teams couldn't pull this off.  namely, the lightning and avalanche.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The teams that could pull that off would be the blue-and-white teams. Some of them (New Jersey) would've been cool if the colors where red-and-black. I do agree, most of the teams would be nowhere close to pulling monotone off.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

So far the respense is what I thought it would be some good, some horrible.

I thought about the grey/black could be used but I decided against that. I did this for the challenge of trying to pull off making every team look good in one color. I obviously failed in some cases, ie. Tampas/Ottawa

Moose your right the simple classic logos look the best while most of the new comlicated don't. I saw this while doing it.

More comments are welcomed.

Archived