Jets Helmet

gueman

I have been working on a Jets concepts for months off and on. So far this is the first one worth posting. Enjoy and C & C please.

Jets1.png

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I like the shape of the jet. It looks like a fighter jet and not some flying triangle. I don't care much for the "J" in Jets, because I am anti-seriffs.

The word "jets" kind of breaks up the flow of the streak (or you could say that the streak makes the word "jets" hard to read). I am not exactly sure what the solution would be.

I like the shape of the jet.  It looks like a fighter jet and not some flying triangle.  I don't care much for the "J" in Jets, because I am anti-seriffs.

The word "jets" kind of breaks up the flow of the streak (or you could say that the streak makes the word "jets" hard to read).  I am not exactly sure what the solution would be.

The jet is a F 18 Hornet. I used a font called the aeroplane flies high, at least were I got it from calls it that. It is kinda like what Aeroflot used. I had a hard time finding a font that I liked for this project. I wanted the flightpath of the jet to form a J but I couldn't get it to look right. If I ever can get it to look like I envision I will post it. Here is a modification. Enjoy.

Jets1acopy.png

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Since you're using the silhouette of the plane, I'd get rid of the text altogether. The only way I would include it is if it were incorporated into the exhaust stream.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Since you're using the silhouette of the plane, I'd get rid of the text altogether. The only way I would include it is if it were incorporated into the exhaust stream.

Ok...But I think it is missing somthing. That is why I put the text on in the first place. I did one with more jets but it looks busy. Hey I just think what they have is lame with a capital AME!

Jets1bcopy.png

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

Maybe add something in behind the jet, like the skyhawks of the WLAF did. I love the concept. But you are right, with just the jet it does look to plane( haha no pun intended) Maybe try adding the oval or football shape they use now?

columbusdestroyersrf6.png

osuzd9.png

Honestly the second one looks the best; the first one is too busy and the third one, while nice in an understated way, is kinda plain. And nice to know you used an American jet, from the profile it almost looks like a Sukhoi, but I can't think of anybody that'd have the cajones to use a Ruskiy jet on an NFL team helmet.

cttdolphins2.png

Jets1bcopy.png

Use this one but make the jet bigger, like a standard helmet logo size, and have the contrail leading back to the rear of the helmet like it does now. Then you don't need the text to keep it from looking empty.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Well I tried somthing that I'm sure will get a reaction. I added a drop shadow. I did it to make it "pop" and I think it achives that. What say you!

Jets1dcopy.png

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

The larger, better defined logo and exhaust stream is better. Your drop shadow would translate to a gradient, which is always bad. Make the logo slightly smaller and keep it justified to the left and you have a winner.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Since you're using the silhouette of the plane, I'd get rid of the text altogether.  The only way I would include it is if it were incorporated into the exhaust stream.

Ok...But I think it is missing somthing. That is why I put the text on in the first place. I did one with more jets but it looks busy. Hey I just think what they have is lame with a capital AME!

Jets1bcopy.png

That just looks like a boner.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

queman, that last one, with the bigger jet and the drop shadow, is fantastic.

That should be sent to the Jets office. Not that they would do anything with it, but it's great.

Even if they wanted to, they can't. League rules as a result of the Eagles debacle.

cttdolphins2.png

queman, that last one, with the bigger jet and the drop shadow, is fantastic.

That should be sent to the Jets office. Not that they would do anything with it, but it's great.

Even if they wanted to, they can't. League rules as a result of the Eagles debacle.

It was the Ravens, not Eagles.

shysters_sm.jpg

The larger, better defined logo and exhaust stream is better. Your drop shadow would translate to a gradient, which is always bad. Make the logo slightly smaller and keep it justified to the left and you have a winner.

Why does everyone in here bust on the gradient? When used properly it can make for a great design element, and I think it achives that here. Anyway thanks for all the help everyone. I think this is the winner. Perhaps I will work on a full package for the team now.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

Well I tried somthing that I'm sure will get a reaction. I added a drop shadow. I did it to make it "pop" and I think it achives that. What say you!

Jets1dcopy.png

Looks terrific. Great work!

Just one thought...the helmet of course isn't flat, so the nose of the plane is going to be near the center of the helmet at the top. Don't know how that's going to look on a curved surface.

And while we're on the Jets... B)

Saw this Namath throwback on nflshop.com and noticed how different it is from the current Jets uni. My thought is, why bother imitating the previous uni if you're not going to get it right?

New-York-Jets-tickets.gif

pG01-2807520reg.jpg

Archived